OT: Plommer, I will make you like Rap...

KingRevolver

Here's the next one, Plommer:

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Tremendous choice.

Mos is also an incredibly nice guy.

My brother and law and his then girl friend were up in Tahoe for the day to see him at a concert. They saw him after the show and the 3 of them and some of his crew hung outWhen my bro and law went to drive back home ( 3 + hours back to the bay) Mos def gave up his bed and slept on the floor of the hotel room so they could sleep in his bed.

Ok, I listened. The MUSIC was fine but as usual its the rapping that just doesn't work for me.

I didn't lookup the lyrics but I heard enough to know its the same old gangsta babble.

Do I hate rap? No. I used to like certain Eminem stuff, as a novelty.

I can listen to some stuff and its ok but I cant listen for too long or it gets really annoying - to the point where I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen further.

Rap as a whole just doesn't interest me.

Sorry pal, u tried.

Ok, I listened. The MUSIC was fine but as usual its the rapping that just doesn't work for me.

I didn't lookup the lyrics but I heard enough to know its the same old gangsta babble.

Do I hate rap? No. I used to like certain Eminem stuff, as a novelty.

I can listen to some stuff and its ok but I cant listen for too long or it gets really annoying - to the point where I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen further.

Rap as a whole just doesn't interest me.

Sorry pal, u tried.

Mos def a gangster???

He's what's called a "conscience rapper " since he addresses political issues and such and not gangster bulllshit.

Same old gangster babble :laugh

"It's five dimensions, six senses
Seven firmaments of heaven to hell, 8 Million Stories to tell
Nine planets faithfully keep in orbit
With the probable tenth, the universe expands length"

"Streets too loud to ever hear freedom sing"

"Sixty-nine billion in the last twenty years
Spent on national defense but folks still live in fear"

"Young bloods can't spell but they could rock you in PlayStation
You wanna know how to rhyme you better learn how to add
It's mathematics"

"This is business, no faces just lines and statistics

From your phone, your zip code, to S-S-I digits"

"Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret:
The million other straws underneath it, it's all mathematics"

Sorry, pal, this isn't gangster talk.

It is to a Canadian that has trouble understanding American Ebonics being spoken while music is being played.

I couldn't decipher most of what he was saying/rhyming.

I'm ok with that.

It's poetry, pal.  Is it esoteric?  It can be, yes, but if you dig deeper you'll get the message.

People can say Homer's Illiad sucks because they can't decipher the message... but that doesn't make it so.

So, now, the problem you're having is more with the way the lyrics are being spoken than the actual music?  Is this correct?

It's poetry, pal.  Is it esoteric?  It can be, yes, but if you dig deeper you'll get the message.

People can say Homer's Illiad sucks because they can't decipher the message... but that doesn't make it so.

So, now, the problem you're having is more with the way the lyrics are being spoken than the actual music?  Is this correct?

Yes. The "music" is fine. I could listen to it alone no problem. Its the lyrics and the way rappers sound is what I find annoying.

Not a fan of the language used in the American ghetto, not talking about obscenities, I can handle those.

I get the message after reading the lyrics. Seems like its dumbed down though.

Subtlety and reading between the lines appeal more to me. So does proper English.