Which SS: Lindor or Correa?

Deemer

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does JFC mean?

i keep seeing this.

Lindor is very good. I think he will continue to develop more power. Obviously Correa gets more attention b/c he is on a playoff team and he was the #1 overall draft pick.

I would def take Correa though. He has alot more power as of right now.

But it will interesting to see what Lindor can do when he gets a chance to play a full season.

what does JFC mean?

i keep seeing this.

Lindor is very good. I think he will continue to develop more power. Obviously Correa gets more attention b/c he is on a playoff team and he was the #1 overall draft pick.

I would def take Correa though. He has alot more power as of right now.

But it will interesting to see what Lindor can do when he gets a chance to play a full season.

jfc means jesus fucking christ

some guys were using it and then it caught on and now its used all the time here 

Look at Lindor's 2H. He can't help we missed playoffs

i dont blame him for missing the playoffs at all. And he is a great prospect and should have a really good career

Correa is going to win mvps though. Correa would be a top 3 pick by gms if every player was thrown into a pool to draft from. (trout 1, harper 2).

Its not a knock on lindor to say hes not as good as correa. Would be like telling david price hes not as good as clayton kershaw. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Carlos CorreaHouston Astros

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/32653.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseHe just turned 21 years old and has played only 99 games in the big leagues, and placing him at the head of this distinguished list of shortstops feels aggressive. But the overwhelming response of evaluators who offered opinions for these rankings is that Correa already is the best overall player at this position. "He's a clone ofAlex Rodriguez when [A-Rod] was with the Mariners," said one evaluator. "The size, the power, everything."

Rodriguez won a batting title in his age-20 season, setting a high bar for Correa (and others), but Correa quickly became the most important player in the Houston lineup, with 22 doubles and 22 homers in those 99 games. He scored 52 runs, drove in 68 and stole 14 bases, and despite the fact that wasn't called up until June, he still finished fourth among all shortstops in wins above replacement (WAR).

Within a few years, one executive said, "the conversation about who is the best player in baseball will include three names: [Mike] Trout, [bryce] Harper and Correa."

2. Brandon CrawfordSan Francisco Giants

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/30469.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseHe already has been one of the majors' best defensive shortstops, for which he was just awarded a Gold Glove Award. But he also keeps getting steadily better and better as a hitter.

He had 33 doubles and 21 homers in 2015, with 84 RBIs, and he has become a good complementary hitter for the Giants, making him valuable beyond his defense.

3. Xander BogaertsBoston Red Sox

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/31606.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseIt's easy to forget now how much confusion and debate there was within the Red Sox organization about what Bogaerts should be as recently as last year, when he struggled at shortstop at the outset of 2014 and was briefly moved to third base to make room for Stephen Drew. Through those growing pains and through the productive manifestation of his insecurity -- this, according to folks within the Red Sox organization -- Bogaerts pushed to get better, and he broke through in 2015. Bogaerts hit .320, with his contact rates increasing, and only Dee Gordon andJose Altuve had more hits this year.

Bogaerts also played good at shortstop, not great, but a lot better than some in the Red Sox organization thought possible in those shaky days early in 2014.

4. Francisco LindorCleveland Indians

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/32129.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseThe Indians' shortstop finished with more WAR in 2015 than Correa; in fact, the only shortstop ahead of Lindor was Crawford. But while evaluators have no doubt that Correa is going to be an impact offensive player, they want to see more of Lindor at the plate before assuming he's going to be the guy who will always hit as well as he did in his first 99 games in the majors, including a .312 average and an .835 OPS. In playing three full seasons in the minors -- always as one of the youngest players in his respective league -- his year-to-year OPS from 2012 to 2014 was .787, .727 and .752.

5. Troy TulowitzkiToronto Blue Jays

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/28567.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=falseThe Blue Jays got exactly what they wanted out of Tulowitzki after dealing for him last summer, because his arrival marked a turning point in their season and they sped away from the Yankees and other teams in the AL East, reaching the postseason for the first time since 1993. The real test of his value to the Blue Jays moving forward begins in 2016, because he's under contract for the next five years for $98 million.

Tulowitzki talked about how much fun he had with the Blue Jays, but he didn't thrive in the way he did for much of his time with the Rockies: In 41 games for Toronto, he batted .239, with a .317 on-base percentage.

Was this the late-season impact of nagging injuries? Adjustment to a new league? Small sample size? All of the above?

Some rival evaluators are very curious to see how Tulowitzki fares in his first full season outside of Coors Field. In 10 years in the big leagues, Tulowitzki's OPS at home was 135 points higher than on the road. (.944 to .809).

• 4 months later...

Correa easily

Lindor is really nice, gonna be a great player for the Tribe but you are being unfair to him comparing him to a guy like Correa

If you threw every player in MLB into a pool and had MLB GMs draft from scratch Correa would be a top 5 overall pick. 

lol it's not even close. It's Correa. 

Not only is Correa younger, but he's also much better already.

Correa = A-Rod

This is not even close.

Reminds me of Deemer's posts about Klay Thompson.

Not even close? 

Correa (2015): .279 AVG, 22 HR, 68 rBI, 14 SB, 4.1 WAR

Correa (2016): .286 AVG, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 2 SB, 

Lindor (2015): .313 AVG, 12 HR, 51 RBI, 12 SB 4.6 WAR

Lindor (2016): .328 AVG, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 3 SB

Per usual, Deemer burying the morons on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...