No Harvey in the playoffs for the Mets potentially?

tripp

Harvey and his agent Scott Boras are seemingly holding strong that Harvey should stop at 180 IP this season, as recommended by his doctors. This is normal protocol coming off TJ surgery.

The problem? He is already at 166 IP and there is still a month left in the season. If he truly is not going past 180 he will not be pitching in October for the Mets

Interesting situation to follow. Mets appear to be blindsided by this news, Harvey said this was always the plan. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FTR i know fans are going to get mad at Harvey but i dont blame him one bit. Dont risk your career just to throw a few more starts this year. If his doctors tell him he shouldn't go past 180 IP I wouldn't do it. Easy for fans to tell the kid to risk his arm, risk his career and hundreds of millions. But he has to think about himself and his family first. 

I get the frustration from the Mets if they truly didnt know about this until recently, as they probably would have skipped him a few more times throughout the year to preserve his innings. But if they did know and were hoping hed change his mind too fucking bad thats their dumb planning 

sit him now

He is starting Tuesday in a big matchup with the Nats. Mets still arent a sure thing to make the playoffs only up 5 on the Nats with 7 left to play h2h. So they might need him just to have a shot at getting in

And even if they tried their luck sitting him for the playoffs, how effective would he even be? Tough to just sit a month and then bounce back for 2-3 playoff starts and expected to be in top form 

Who cares what Boras wants? His opinion means shit on this matter.

Its not just Boras. Board, Harvey and Andrews are all on the same page

Boras isnt just making up this on his own, he is saying what the doctors recommended

If the doctors say Harvey should be shut down at 180 he should shut himself down. Fuck the Mets, they wont pay him the 200 M he would lose out on if he ruins his career blowing out his shoulder pitching in the playoffs

someone vandalized his Wikipedia article and Bing captured that version

search him on Bing

"Matt Harvey

American Professional Baseball Pitcher

Matthew Edward Harvey, nicknamed "The Joker" or also "Two-Face", is an American professional baseball pitcher for the New York Mets of Major League Baseball. "

Tripp he bitches at tc everytime he gets taken out in the 6th. Doctors say it depends pitcher to pitcher between 180 or 200 or whatever. Harvey is actually 2 years from having surgery. He should skip 1 start imo and be a beast in the playoffs. As banger said sign cespedes now!!!

I read they dont like the pitcher going any higher than he pitched before the injury and it also ranges from pitcher to pitcher like you said. That is apparently the reasoning for why Boras and Harvey didnt notify the Mets org until recently of the 180 limit, because they werent sure and needed the doctors to evaluate the progress

Harvey is such a clown.

Guy cries about mets using 6 man rotation when they wanted to save his innings.

Guy cries about being skipped.

Guy cries about mets not using him at end of last year.

Now he says he's done at 180 innings in a pennant race without ever letting the Mets preserve his innings foe the playoffs.

Hope they trade him. Guy is an embarassment. Has his agent doing his crying now too.

"General manager Sandy Alderson said he plans to meet with Harvey on Monday in Washington, before the Mets open a series against the Nationals. Alderson said he would address the media after that face-to-face conversation."

Looks like 100% he is done after two more starts.

Alderson already is getting ready to announce the media 

How could the Mets not know about this??

"General manager Sandy Alderson said he plans to meet with Harvey on Monday in Washington, before the Mets open a series against the Nationals. Alderson said he would address the media after that face-to-face conversation."

Looks like 100% he is done after two more starts.

Alderson already is getting ready to announce the media

How could the Mets not know about this??

Because harvey cried all year about being limited and skipped and now asks to be sat. Mets should say fuck you, you're pitching.

Yeah that is the only issue id have with Harvey in this spot, that he complained about a 6 man and other measures they were taking to limit his innings earlier. I dont blame him one bit for saying I have to do whats best for my career and that is stopping at 180 (as recommended by the doctors). But notice would have been nice for the Mets so they could have planned accordingly.

They need to realize the situation they are in now and not let it snowball into something worse. They need to put their emotions aside, stand behind their guy and support his decision if he is sitting out after 180. You make this into a media war of words and nobody wins (other than the media who gets a juicy story). No reason to alienate your best player and the face of your franchise. Get on the same page and make a plan together 

Harvey and Boras decided to screw the Mets big time, that's all there is to it

The way Harvey acted this year it's like he didn't want to pitch under pressure.

He wanted to pitch as much as possible earlier in the year and now that the Mets might make the playoffs, he's terrified and starts bringing up innings limits.

• 1 month later...

Harvey is such a clown.

Guy cries about mets using 6 man rotation when they wanted to save his innings.

Guy cries about being skipped.

Guy cries about mets not using him at end of last year.

Now he says he's done at 180 innings in a pennant race without ever letting the Mets preserve his innings foe the playoffs.

Hope they trade him. Guy is an embarassment. Has his agent doing his crying now too.

I was wrong. Harvey is a bad ass sob.

Tells Collins you're not pulling me from this fucking game.

Harvey and Boras decided to screw the Mets big time, that's all there is to it

The way Harvey acted this year it's like he didn't want to pitch under pressure.

He wanted to pitch as much as possible earlier in the year and now that the Mets might make the playoffs, he's terrified and starts bringing up innings limits.

posting misinformation yet again.

shame on you.