After just one week, it is clear the NFC WEST is once again the best division in football

Sol Diabler

In all seriousness though, the Rams finally look like they could contend for the division.  The Cards offense looks sharp and the defense hasn't lost a beat.  The 49ers might not be as bad as some people predicted.  And the Seahawks, in what will be a down year for them, will still go something like 9-7.  

Tough division.  

what about the afc east?  if we're overreacting based on 1 week then all 4 teams won

nfc west has only 1 team that is capable of doing anything and that's seattle

az 28-1

stl 32-1

sf 44-1

buffalo and Miami are both shorter odds than all of those (with new England/seattle about the same)... and Kansas city/san diego are both shorter odds (with Denver)

market totally disagrees with diabler and says every team other than seattle is worse than average.  I agree with the market

what about the afc east?  if we're overreacting based on 1 week then all 4 teams won

nfc west has only 1 team that is capable of doing anything and that's seattle

az 28-1

stl 32-1

sf 44-1

buffalo and Miami are both shorter odds than all of those (with new England/seattle about the same)... and Kansas city/san diego are both shorter odds (with Denver)

market totally disagrees with diabler and says every team other than seattle is worse than average.  I agree with the market

That's one way to spin it.

Let's see how things shake out and how the market looks at mid-season.  We can re-address this thread then.  

Afc east is best Imo

Afc north have steelers and bengals, the Ravens are a .500 win team and Browns about 3 lol

Thats the only conference that even has a case.

Let's break it down..

New England slight edge over Seattle

Arizona slight edge over Buffalo

Miami even with STL

SF even with NYJ

Thats how I see it.  These divisions match up pretty well. 

market says

buffalo better than arizona

miami better than stl

sf better than nyj

Let me spin this using your own "market" analysis against you.

Right now on Bovada:

Seahawks: +750

Cardinals: +2500

49ers: +3300

Rams: +4000

NFC West total: +10,550

Patriots: +600

Dolphins: +2500

Bills: +2500

Jets: +6600

AFC North total: +12,200

Do the math and get back to me Michael.   :btj

As much as id love to see Seattle fall way down i still think they are the clear team to beat in the div. SF wont last, i was more unimpressed with Minny than impressed with SF. Hyde was a monster but there still isnt much to their passing game and Teddy had some open guys he missed. Not going to take a MNF home opener as a strong indication of what they will look like all season. 

STL beat Seattle at home last season also, still question marks there. With a healthy Gurley though they will be dangerous, the defense has always been there and i like Fisher as a coach.

Arizona is a good team, they were all last year until they lost palmer. If he stays healthy they are contenders but probably a notch below Seattle

Big question is what defines a great division? is it overall depth or strength of the top contenders? Ie does a div with two powerhouse teams trump a div with 4 good teams but maybe no great teams (or one semi great)?

As much as id love to see Seattle fall way down i still think they are the clear team to beat in the div. SF wont last, i was more unimpressed with Minny than impressed with SF. Hyde was a monster but there still isnt much to their passing game and Teddy had some open guys he missed. Not going to take a MNF home opener as a strong indication of what they will look like all season. 

STL beat Seattle at home last season also, still question marks there. With a healthy Gurley though they will be dangerous, the defense has always been there and i like Fisher as a coach.

Arizona is a good team, they were all last year until they lost palmer. If he stays healthy they are contenders but probably a notch below Seattle

Big question is what defines a great division? is it overall depth or strength of the top contenders? Ie does a div with two powerhouse teams trump a div with 4 good teams but maybe no great teams (or one semi great)?

either way i don't think the nfc west qualifies as the best

even the nfc north is probably better

Seattle will start off 0-2 most likely but is still clearly the best team in that division, especially if they get Chancellor back.  

And i agree with MM.  You cant just add up odds to win super bowl to determine who market thinks is better.  

Division A has 3 teams at 12 -1 and 1 team at 150-1.  

Division B has 4 teams at 40-1.  

Which division is better?  

Seattle will start off 0-2 most likely but is still clearly the best team in that division, especially if they get Chancellor back.  

And i agree with MM.  You cant just add up odds to win super bowl to determine who market thinks is better.  

Example:

Division A has 3 teams at 12 -1 and 1 team at 150-1.  

Division B has 4 teams at 40-1.  

Which division is better?  

As much as id love to see Seattle fall way down i still think they are the clear team to beat in the div. SF wont last, i was more unimpressed with Minny than impressed with SF?

Hindsight is 20/20 pal. Vikings got a lot of love from the so called sharps going into the season. The 49ers only gave up 3 points and had about 200 yards rushing. Thats an ass kicking.