"This is Aaron Rodgers. He's the real deal. This young man is exceptional,"

Mofome

If that is the case, Texas should get annihilated. I don't love the Goff, but I also don't like Hack or Cook. I find it hard to believe Texas can score with Cal if this kid is a legit top 10 prospect

Texas defensive coordinator Vance Bedford compares Cal junior QB Jared Goff to Aaron Rodgers.

"This is Aaron Rodgers. He's the real deal. This young man is exceptional," Bedford said. Bedford called Goff one of the best signal-callers he's ever faced in college. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Goff is a first-rounder in the making, though the Rodgers comparison has more to do with the uniform than a strict game comparison. Goff's completed 41-of-56 throws for 630 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions this year.

Source: Austin American-Statesman on Twitter Sep 17 - 7:42 PM

If there's one mechanical issue with Goff, it's the fact that he often throws off of his back foot, a common ailment for quarterbacks with major arm strength. Still, it doesn't significantly impact him at the college level, so it's not something that will likely result in incompletions against Texas, especially if the Longhorns cornerbacks fail to maintain close contact with a talented group of Golden Bears receivers.