Don't beat HRWagers closing lines by too much...

70kgman

Or this will happen. Be careful. I PM'd HRW on the forum to try to settle it privately, but never got a reply. So, here is the story...

In short. Played Columbus (-140) and Chicago (-155) for preseason NHL on October 1st. Beat the closing line significantly on both. Login the next day to find both of them voided claiming they were bad lines. They were not bad lines. I was not "taking shots" at bad or slow moving lines. Every book had the same price at that time, and both lines didn't start moving until well over an hour after I placed my wagers. Yes, Chicago lost, but I had played Columbus for more, so I was still swindled out of a profit in the end. Even if it was a fairly minimal profit that was stolen, it is about principle. They never should of been voided at all.

Here is their explanation on live chat:

"I checked the line history on those games

we did have a problem with our linemover that was not responding to changes on those games

at the time you placed your wagers the line was off significantly on both games

it should have been Columbus -185 at 12:35

and Chicago -200 at 1:08

the lines closed Chicago -230 / Columbus -200"

I bet the same wagers at the same time for the same price on two other books (5D, BOL). I don't have a screenshot of my HRW bet slips as they deleted all evidence of them from my history, but as you can see from the transcript, he mentioned my time stamps on them were 12:35 for Columbus and 1:08 for Chicago. Here is the proof I bet them on 5D and BOL at the same time for the same price as well.

And here is a screenshot of the line history. I included a 5D and Heritage feed for two different sources. You do the math. Apparently HRW's line manager is Nostradamus and could predict the line moves several hours before any other book could. lol

That's pretty lame. Not so sure it was HRWager specifically, but may have been. I play at a PPH that's the same

as HRWager and they do that from time to time also so maybe it is the PPH group that did it and not HRwager.

If HR went in and voided that one all that means is that they need to get a new PPH service if they don't

like the one they are with now.

Were the bets deleted before the games started?

Not sure. I don't think my next login was until the next day, that is when I found the note saying they voided those two wagers. And like I mentioned, they deleted the wagers from my history, so there is no time stamp stating what time they were cancelled.

Well I do apologize for the lack of response, Ive been out on vacations since last Friday so I havent checked the forum as often as I do when Im at the office.

I have asked the office for all information in regards to your issue and I will get back to you tomorrow once I have all the information at my disposal.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well I do apologize for the lack of response, Ive been out on vacations since last Friday so I havent checked the forum as often as I do when Im at the office.

I have asked the office for all information in regards to your issue and I will get back to you tomorrow once I have all the information at my disposal.

Please post the results of your findings & decision so future customers will know what type of rulebook HR Wager is using.

TYIA

Thanks.

Or this will happen. Be careful. I PM'd HRW on the forum to try to settle it privately, but never got a reply. So, here is the story...

In short. Played Columbus (-140) and Chicago (-155) for preseason NHL on October 1st. Beat the closing line significantly on both. Login the next day to find both of them voided claiming they were bad lines. They were not bad lines. I was not "taking shots" at bad or slow moving lines. Every book had the same price at that time, and both lines didn't start moving until well over an hour after I placed my wagers. Yes, Chicago lost, but I had played Columbus for more, so I was still swindled out of a profit in the end. Even if it was a fairly minimal profit that was stolen, it is about principle. They never should of been voided at all.

Here is their explanation on live chat:

"I checked the line history on those games

we did have a problem with our linemover that was not responding to changes on those games

at the time you placed your wagers the line was off significantly on both games

it should have been Columbus -185 at 12:35

and Chicago -200 at 1:08

the lines closed Chicago -230 / Columbus -200"

I bet the same wagers at the same time for the same price on two other books (5D, BOL). I don't have a screenshot of my HRW bet slips as they deleted all evidence of them from my history, but as you can see from the transcript, he mentioned my time stamps on them were 12:35 for Columbus and 1:08 for Chicago. Here is the proof I bet them on 5D and BOL at the same time for the same price as well.

And here is a screenshot of the line history. I included a 5D and Heritage feed for two different sources. You do the math. Apparently HRW's line manager is Nostradamus and could predict the line moves several hours before any other book could. lol

I played Chicago that same day there @ -180...................

Im pretty sure that it was perhead but Im waiting to hear back from the main man over there.

Will be interesting to see who it was with the authority to cancel the wagers. Probably the guy in charge getting his balls smashed while George was on vacation. Didnt want to get in trouble so started cancelling winners.

I think after George reviews everything, and from what I've seen as I play NHL preseason myself, that was a valid wager, it doesn't matter who made the mistake. Mistakes happen, but what does matter and that seperates a good book and a bad one, is to fix the mistake and make things right. That's really what matters at the end. Hope to see positive ending to this!

Guest boatboatboat

It will be made right I am sure.

But interesting to wonder..........

if wagers had lost would thread have been created?

if wagers had lost and HR went in 2 days latter and graded them as losses and said "oppps we didn't mean to cancel" would that be ok

if wagers had lost and HR went in 2 days latter and graded them as losses and said "oppps we didn't mean to cancel" would that be ok

Why are you such a pathetic moron?

Honestly, I still would of brought it up in that hypothetical scenario. If I didn't I would just be setting myself for this to happen again, and would have zero leverage in that scenario. The live chat rep claiming CLB was supposed to be -185 at 12:35 and CHI were supposed to be -200 at 1:08 was the biggest red flag to me that is was intentional "damage control" after the 70-80 cent opener to closer line move on both and not an innocent software mistake or whatever. Those statements are not believable at all when compared to line history for those games at other books.

I don't think that is a fair comparison, as the main issue is they absolutely were not bad lines at those times and should not have been cancelled in the first place. If they were legit bad lines that I even accidentally bet into, that would be understandable and partly my fault, and I wouldn't even bring it up or try to get them reversed.