Anyone ever eaten at Joe's Stone Crab?

WVU

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this just shows how much of sheep/lemmings people are

lobsters were thought of so poorly they used to be given to prisoners... now after some marketing and some salt and butter, crabs and lobsters are thought of as some kind of premium food

That's because of their abundance at the time, pal, not because they weren't any good.

History[edit]

In North America, the American lobster did not achieve popularity until the mid-19th century, when New Yorkers and Bostonians developed a taste for it, and commercial lobster fisheries only flourished after the development of the lobster smack,[30] a custom-made boat with open holding wells on the deck to keep the lobsters alive during transport.[31] Prior to this time, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society in Maine, Massachusetts, and the Canadian Maritimes, and servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week.[32] Lobster was also commonly served in prisons, much to the displeasure of inmates.[33] American lobster was initially deemed worthy only of being used as fertilizer or fish bait, and it was not until well into the twentieth century that it was viewed as more than a low-priced canned staple food.[34]

I love Lobster.  One of my favorite foods.

But I have to admit, I only like it because I have succumbed to the genius marketing schemes, rather than because of the taste.  

I easily fell victim.  

seems like you are being sarcastic... have you tried lobster without salt and hot butter?  kind of a nothing taste.  if you really think you have a natural love of lobster, that has nothing to do with pop culture, then go grab a raw one and eat it!

there is a placebo effect to everything, that's the only reason these fancy restaurants can charge $450 for 4 people to eat there and still have a line

people line up to throw their money away when they could buy a $5 box of twinkies and have something that tastes better