A system known as "iesnare" is clocking all of YOUR online gambling activities, thanks to "guys like Cory"

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

Iesnare is a ‘reputation management’ system by a company called Iovation that stores a digital fingerprint of your current system in a database on their website. That fingerprint can then be accessed by all of their customers - ie online gaming websites - to track your online activity.

The main purpose of the system is to block criminal activity where fraudsters use multiple stolen identities / credit cards to sign up for multiple accounts on the same gaming sites.

Whilst this sounds like a good thing and any lawful user shouldn’t have anything to worry about, what is worrying is the fact that your computer’s identity is being monitored as you use it across many different gaming websites. So for example if you use the same machine to sign up to two or more different sites that use the iesnare system, each site will know that you’ve recently signed up somewhere else and potentially earmark you as a criminal or abuser.

credit: the gamblingtimes

When I go to certain gambling sites like Bookmaker, the Rx, or even TGF, I have a page that folds down from the left side of my screen that has an "x" on it. You have to unfold the page before you can click on the x, and then there is another box at the bottom of the screen that has to be clicked on to remove it. Is this iesnare? Also at times another window pops up for me to take a survey for that site. How do you get rid of this problem?