So you are considering getting a gun?

Guest boatboatboat

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatboatboat

I wouldn't be too sure of that.  Get a few crazies together, go to an unsuspected place, do work.  Especially if there is alot of people, where running isn't going to make things easier, but rather cause more chaos/piling up.

Why aren't they doing that now?

It's obvious.

Guns are easier and more effective.

I don't believe that

In a fit of rage, a troubled teen or bi-polar nut can go to a gun closet and pick out a gun and kill people THAT DAY.

Bombs take time to make and in most cases prior to bomb being made the  person has calmed down.

also a bomb made by most people will kill others within a very small range (size of a mini van) where as a gun will kill within 50 yards and as people are moving away from the killer.

What kind of parent doesn't lock their guns up?

Bi-Polar nut or an angry teen can find ways to kill people without using a gun.  The internet is a crazy thing, they can probably google how to kill alot of people in small space and find 1,000 different ways

Guest boatboatboat

The Savannah and San Bernardino attacks marked the 354th and 355th mass shootings to take place on American soil this year, according to data compiled by the Post from the Mass Shooting Tracker, which defines a mass shooting as an incident in which at least four people are either injured or killed.

That means that mass shootings have occurred at a rate of more than one a day in 2015; Wednesday was the 336th day of the year.

WOW

Guest boatboatboat

lol

Ok, Fish

give me some time

Ted what you are basically saying is "well hell, no need to try and get guns out of killers hands, cuz if we do they will just google search another way to kill people"

Guest boatboatboat

daughter moved out 2 years ago for college.

She is/was proficient with firearm's.

Has sent conservatively 2500 rounds down range and when shooting on a regular basis averages around 20-21/25 clay birds thrown from a home machine.

her being in home with a loaded gun was never a concern. unless of course you were the bad guy

Ted what you are basically saying is "well hell, no need to try and get guns out of killers hands, cuz if we do they will just google search another way to kill people"

Yes Boat that's exactly what I'm saying...

A troubled person with no guns will run to the internet and find a way to kill people, because that troubled person doesn't already have ideas of how to do it in their head.

You know as well as I do that there will be "mass" killings if guns are present or if there isn't.

I've been to plenty of concerts where I haven't been padded down.  I've been to plenty of concerts/sportings events with my folding knife...Now sure I'm not gonna kill 4 people with a folding knife...But who knows what else you can get into those types of places.

Concert/loud music/people jumping around...If no guns available and someone wanted to kill a few people (no specefic targets)  I can only imagine that troubled people will be able to accomplish what they want.

Who knows what the answer is.  All we do know is, if the government can somehow manage to take away EVERYONES guns, I'm all for it, whatever makes the people feel better.  But I know, as well as you do, that if they came to all registered gun owners houses and took their guns, we won't be happy, because most the guns doing the murders are not legal gun owners.

daughter moved out 2 years ago for college.

She is/was proficient with firearm's.

Has sent conservatively 2500 rounds down range and when shooting on a regular basis averages around 20-21/25 clay birds thrown from a home machine.

her being in home with a loaded gun was never a concern. unless of course you were the bad guy

Cool man, sandy hook "killer" had a parent just like you.

But of course, no way, not my kid.

Following the shooting in San Bernardino, California yesterday, several mainstream media sites have claimed that it constitutes the 355th mass shooting this year.

No, it doesn’t.

The figure was unquestioningly repeated by The New York Times, the Washington Post,Boston Globe, CBS News, MSNBC, and Newsday, despite the fact that it is inaccurate and does not in any way dovetail with FBI statistics.

Television newscasts also repeatedly cited the figure without checking the facts.

The origin of the figure is even more ridiculous, given that it was culled from a claim by a group of anti-Second Amendment “activists” on the news sharing website Reddit.

The group, named “Guns Are Cool,” (an attempted ironic name) runs a “subreddit” page which it describes as “the world’s only crowd sourced mass shooting tracker, as featured on the Huffington Post, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the Young Turks, the FX Network’s ‘Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell’ and more!”

The trouble is, that it’s figures are totally out of whack with official stats.

According to the FBI, only 21 of the 355 shootings identified by the anti-gunners can actually be categorized as mass murder with a firearm.

It is still too many, but it isn’t any where close to 355.

An FBI report released last year details that over a thirteen year period, between 2000 and 2013, there were 160 “active shooter incidents.”

Those also include incidents where nobody was shot or killed. Gang violence is not counted among these statistics.

The FBI categorizes mass shootings as “a number of murders (four or more) occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders.”

Responding to those who have pointed this out, the anti-gun group in question claimed that the FBI panders to the “gun lobby,” and intentionally downplays shootings.

“The NRA evades the gigantic costs of gun injuries to society and shifts the burden to taxpayers who often pay the costs for the medical care of the wounded.” the group, who admit to attempting to influence media coverage of shootings, claim.

This once again shows that the mainstream media cherry picks information to intentionally mislead Americans into supporting calls to give up their rights.

No retractions or clarifications have yet been offered by the media outlets cited above who used the bogus figures.

Following the shooting in San Bernardino, California yesterday, several mainstream media sites have claimed that it constitutes the 355th mass shooting this year.

No, it doesn’t.

Lol heard some  hot chick on cnn quote that last night like it was fact. That would mean mass shooting coverage similar to today...every day.

What kind of parent doesn't lock their guns up?

Raises hand. None of my guns are under lock and key. They are hidden but easily accessible if I need them.

And Im not going to defend my position. It was already defended in a thread weeks ago. A thread I clearly won in a landslide. Again.

So fuck off libtards.

Raises hand. None of my guns are under lock and key. They are hidden but easily accessible if I need them.

And Im not going to defend my position. It was already defended in a thread weeks ago. A thread I clearly won in a landslide. Again.

So fuck off libtards.

You're a parent?  Impressive to juggle kid/kids and being drunk power posting from 6pm-1am every single night.  More impressive that your kids go to sleep at 5pm so they can't see you running around the house patting yourself on the back and slamming down coors lights after a successful "forum win"

I'll give you credit for putting them to bed at 5pm so they don't have to witness forum diablo at night.

You're a parent? Impressive to juggle kid/kids and being drunk power posting from 6pm-1am every single night. More impressive that your kids go to sleep at 5pm so they can't see you running around the house patting yourself on the back and slamming down coors lights after a successful "forum win"

I'll give you credit for putting them to bed at 5pm so they don't have to witness forum diablo at night.

Its BUD Light you fucking clown.

Get it right.