Late Pressure to exclude Oklahoma from top 4 playoff

maron

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the conjecture was the placement of the #4 Iowa and #5 MSU was to hype ratings for a national quarterfinal game and that the #3-5 teams were placed there based on that ...B10 champion slots in at #3....

Stanford can not make it in over Ohio State because Northwestern beat the Cardinal

More people would want to see a defending national champion play than a one loss team that did not play in a conference championship either...

that the B12 does not have one is their own fault and they should accept the downgrade of schedule

It happened to TCU last year after they won by 40+. TCU was also the 3 seed at this exact point a yr ago.

Wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again.

difference is Ohio St moved past them based on a 50+ pt conf title win. Ohio St is not jumping a bunch of spots on a bye week when they didnt even make their conf title game

Oklahoma is in. Thats a done deal. Hell you could have taken the field -350 vs them to win the title this week (they were the 2nd fav after Bama who was +130)

Ohio St might get in but they need help. They aren jumping teams without some upsets 

Guest boatboatboat

I think while unlikely it's possible OSU would jump OKLA.

The 2 pt loss to MSU in a winter hurricane wouldn't look as bad if MSU wins by 30.

Oak loses to a sub par texas team OSU loses to a great MSU team (if they fuck stomp Iowa).

Would seem to me OSU's body of work would be better than Oaks

might hurt the 2nd seed over  unbeaten iowa,  

OK is SOLID  they have a win at Tennessee

most important when it matters a series of late season wins over TCU, OK St, and Baylor and the eye test also.

2nd place seating after NC beats Clemson today I think.

ohio st has one  very very very good win vs michigan last game.   and they make it in if NC beats Clemson but not a leapfrog situation at all.

bama vs ohio st

Oklahoma vs Iowa (in my opinion)  -  i guess 2 and 3 seed really makes not difference anyway other than calling the coin flip.

should be interesting.