The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

3 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Yessss! How you doing, pal?? 

nice cookware too, btw! 

Doing ok now. Was down with the Rona for a couple weeks. Wife spent 6 nights in hospital w/covid + pneumonia. She's ok now, but just coming off supplemental oxygen for last couple weeks. She got the trump treatment package with remdesivir. Hit her pretty hard with her underlying issues and all. 

Also lost very close friend this month. Died at 37 with no previous health issues. Just waited too long or didn't realize the severity of it til it was too late.

Just now, jd_ said:

Doing ok now. Was down with the Rona for a couple weeks. Wife spent 6 nights in hospital w/covid + pneumonia. She's ok now, but just coming off supplemental oxygen for last couple weeks. She got the trump treatment package with remdesivir. Hit her pretty hard with her underlying issues and all. 

Also lost very close friend this month. Died at 37 with no previous health issues. Just waited too long or didn't realize the severity of it til it was too late.

Jesus!! Your wife can’t ever catch a break. Glad she’s ok now. 

Scary stuff. I say that currently  on a packed plane flight .... really hope I’m immune like I think I am.... 

going to get tested in a few days just in case 

1 minute ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Jesus!! Your wife can’t ever catch a break. Glad she’s ok now. 

I'm surprised we made it this long without getting it. As soon as she got sick and started showing symptoms, we went to ER. Really because my friend was in ICU at the time and it wasn't looking good, so I knew not to wait around with her. She's doing much better now. She actually got out of house today for first time since Nov 5th. 

1 hour ago, KingRevolver said:

Damn.  All that looks really good, JD.

It was all really good except the salad with raisins and pine nuts. It wasn't anything special or unique. The iberico ham was a first for me and it was good but crazy expensive. Place was great overall and it was one of those once a year type treats for us. We took her sister there for her birthday.

Just now, jd_ said:

It was all really good except the salad with raisins and pine nuts. It wasn't anything special or unique. The iberico ham was a first for me and it was good but crazy expensive. Place was great overall and it was one of those once a year type treats for us. We took her sister there for her birthday.

Hope you can someday make your way to Spain to enjoy jamon iberco cut fresh off a huge leg by a guy w a sword ! 

12 minutes ago, jd_ said:

Check out Curate in asheville. Close as we can get. She trained at El Bulli too. It was a really good meal. Her paella was probably the tables favorite. 

https://katiebuttonrestaurants.com/katie-button-news/katie-button-felix-meana-curate-cinco-jotas/

Wow. Impressed by that place ! Love how she has the whole area for jamon and teaching people about it. Very cool. 

Menu looks really good as does what you ordered. Is the tomato covered dish the abondigas? Also what is the ice cream bar looking thing ??

Asheville has a pretty happening food scene for a small town. You'd like it there. It's about 90 minute drive for me. We didn't visit much this year because of covid and NC shut down a lot more. Last trip we tried 12 bones smokehouse. It was good. Biscuit Head is a cool breakfast spot. I'll see if I have any of those pics.