The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Thanks, guys. The ribs tasted really good but were no where near as tender as I would like. I need to work on timing/technique a little. I've only used the smoker a couple of times. 

Good news is that the dry rub I made was too hot for my wife and her sister. I have plenty left over. I just smashed a few for dinner tonight. 

Donuts, you ever been to State Bird Provisions? They have a book out that is pretty popular. It's on flash sale for Kindle right now for 3.99. I just got it. 

Also, there is a new place opening called Wursthall that is being opened by one of my favorite food people. It's in the SF area. 

Thanks, guys. The ribs tasted really good but were no where near as tender as I would like. I need to work on timing/technique a little. I've only used the smoker a couple of times.

Good news is that the dry rub I made was too hot for my wife and her sister. I have plenty left over. I just smashed a few for dinner tonight.

how long did you cook them? Last time I did the 3-2-1 method mine were not quite as tender as I would’ve liked either.

how long did you cook them? Last time I did the 3-2-1 method mine were not quite as tender as I would’ve liked either.

I did about 6.5 hours, mostly around 235. I did not do the 3-2-1, but was going to try that next time. I did not let the ribs get to room temp before putting them in. I think that may have hurt them some. 

Donuts, you ever been to State Bird Provisions? They have a book out that is pretty popular. It's on flash sale for Kindle right now for 3.99. I just got it.

Also, there is a new place opening called Wursthall that is being opened by one of my favorite food people. It's in the SF area.

Yep. State bird Is incredible. Only been once but meaning to go back

Drive by Wursthall almost daily. Looks like it’s getting pretty close to opening. It’s in one of my favorite spaces ever. I was a regular at the The restaurant that occupied that spot for 20+ years (Capellini )