The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

It was pretty damn good.

There were other sides and fruit and desserts and stuff as well just didn’t take pics of everything.

That tenderloin was cooked sous vide and finished on the bbq and was easily the best thing there.

It was also kinda a house warming for my new place so I kinda went overboard with the food.

Sure pal.

Buy giant tenderloin

Place is sealable bag after covering in salt , pepper, and some thyme and rosemary.

Seal bag and immerse in water bath for ~45 mins until it’s cooked to around 120-125 degrees.

Remove and pat dry

Fire it on a really hot bbq for like a min and a half a side

Let rest for 10 mins.

Slice and enjoy the most tender meat you’ve ever had

The rack of lamb came out great too. Had never really tried BBQing one but have seen my dad do it a few times and it always seems to taste better than when I do it in the oven.

I coated it in salt , pepper, rosemary , and some fancy hipster yellow curry powder I had.

Cooked it meat side down on the grill for awhile before flipping and tenting it with some tinfoil. Took awhile ; maybe 25-30 mins but it tasted amazing. Served it with a simple mint aoli dipping sauce.

Tenderloin

You grill four sides x1.5 minutes or 2 sides?

Lamb

Meat side down then flipped and tented on the grill?

Just 2 sides. The meat is already cooked via the sous vide so your really just putting a crust on it w the grill.

Yea I cooked the lamb meat side down for maybe 10 mins. Then flipped it and made a tent and let it cook another 20 or so.

tenderloin

You need special bags to cook meat in or a does it go in a gallon bag?

What temp water is roast cooking in?

Get a large plastic bin and this - https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culinary-A2-2-120V-US-Precision-Circulator/dp/B00UKPBXM4/ref=asc_df_B00UKPBXM4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151781903&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3374162913530237275&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013581&hvtargid=pla-315823559941&psc=1

and you’re ready to go. You don’t need a food saver , you can just use a ziplock if you want.