The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

23 minutes ago, BGS 9.5 said:

I've made a bunch of sauces before, prolly wouldn't try tartar sauce.  

I look at it like chinese food - I could TRY to make it, but it would never be as good as what I could buy.

the trick to a good chinese food is the wok.. Any good chinese food place use really old wok. It's one of the few things the older the better and gives better wok flavor the older it is. Most people don't have a wok they've used for like a decade so it just tastes more cleaner when making it at home but doesn't really bring out the "take out" flavor.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:26 PM, Monitor-Tan said:

the trick to a good chinese food is the wok.. Any good chinese food place use really old wok. It's one of the few things the older the better and gives better wok flavor the older it is. Most people don't have a wok they've used for like a decade so it just tastes more cleaner when making it at home but doesn't really bring out the "take out" flavor.

This. It needs to be seasoned just like cast iron. Get a steel wok and cook the shit out of it till it's all black.

52 minutes ago, housepicks said:

Rib roast sucks to be quite honest.  Strip roast is the way to go.

Disagree 1000%

You need that deckle that the ribeye has to tenderize the roast ....unless its a Prime striploin it dosnt have enough fat to stay juicy.  Get an eye round for a 3rd of the price, you'll be chewing both for days