NCAA Rankings (why isn't Ohio State higher)

Guest boatboatboat

Guest boatboatboat

with a QB who 3 weeks before had never taken a snap in college and was #3 on the depth chart.

teams and players evolve as the year progresses.

OSU at this moment is playing quite well.

Lotta games left but if they continue to improve by the end of the season they will be a handful for anyone

Lots of games yet to be played, lots.

Two weeks ago Baylor was the pick by some to win the national championship, now they have very, very little chance of even making the playoffs, even if they were even to win out from here on out.

There are 16-20 teams in the country that have a better than 50-50 shot at the playoffs if they were to win out from here, Baylor is not one of them, and either is any other Big 12 team.

This is not to say that any team that doesn't have a 50-50 chance is eliminated, as obviously KState, TCU, and Baylor still have those aspirations, however slim.

with a QB who 3 weeks before had never taken a snap in college and was #3 on the depth chart.

teams and players evolve as the year progresses.

OSU at this moment is playing quite well.

Lotta games left but if they continue to improve by the end of the season they will be a handful for anyone

excuses, excuses..every team has injuries not enough that they are blowing out bad teams now

Guest boatboatboat

ok

well if they are fortunate enough to win out I guess the voters for the playoff system will decide if I am right and a loss with a QB making his first start is more forgivable vs the losses the other 1 loss teams have or if you are right that a loss to Vtech with a QB making his first career start doesn't matter.

ok

well if they are fortunate enough to win out I guess the voters for the playoff system will decide if I am right and a loss with a QB making his first start is more forgivable vs the losses the other 1 loss teams have or if you are right that a loss to Vtech with a QB making his first career start doesn't matter.

I think many of the other one loss teams will have "better" losses than OSU(ND, Bama)..that remains to be seen...

Guest boatboatboat

I guess I put much more emphasis on the QB in the Urban Meyer system.

His teams have always been VERY VERY dependent on that position as one can see by the 17 (yes 17) TD passes and only 1 INT along with 220 yards of rushing and 3 rushing TD's Barrett has in his last 4 starts .

[quote=boatboatboat;n26907

Also oregon. Fuck blasted at home with no injuries.

This would be incorrect. They lost to Arizona with an offensive line that had been devastated. In order, Tyler Johnstone blows out his knee before the season. He is replaced at left tackle by Jake Fisher. The right tackle Andre Yruretagoyena is injured against MSU. They lost one of their guards Haniteli Lousi to injury. Then they lose Fisher. During the Arizona game they had to play a walk-on and a freshman (not a redshirt) at the two tackle spots. So Mariota gets sacked 12 times in that game and the WSU game. Fisher then comes back and they wreck UCLA (and Mariota is not sacked). Oregon plays OSU on a neutral field with no injuries on either side and they probably win by 20, unless you discount that Mariota is a much better QB than either of the OSU QBs, they have better receivers (in a down year) and possibly one of the two or three best running backs in the nation in Freeman. Oregon beat MSU by 19 points. MSU will probably beat OSU by 10. It's the same story every year. Oregon and OSU still both lose to whoever wins the SEC, just Oregon will lose by less. FSU is down. The national champion is probably coming from the SEC and really three of the four teams in the playoffs should probably come from the SEC West but they won't because of politics.

Let schedules play out a little longer' date=' in just two weeks we will be down to 12 teams or fewer with at least a 50-50 chance of playoffs if they run the table, right now it's close to 20........be patient.[/quote']

Oregon state and Kentucky are both 14 pt dogs this coming weekend, those are two teams that are huge favorites to drop from the above list just this coming weekend.

Count on one or two others on the list being upset this coming weekend.

Marshall has absolutely one of the easiest schedules not only this year, but for any team the past few years, and it's going to keep them from reaching the playoffs.......and they are likely to go undefeated.

Thus, the first year with the new system is going to incur an instant flaw, an undefeated team not making the playoffs, perhaps Marshall will stumble to one of their crap opponents.