Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Johnny Football showing how weak-minded he is...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67484 posts

SUPERMAN 23

SUPERMAN 23

Master Grader

• Members
  • 7175 posts
Guys got a bullseye on his back from being a dick in college and thinking he's a nfl star. he's got a rude awaking in the pro's. Plus he has the Ese jinx. Ese bought his jersey. :smiley-laughing001:

Easygoer45

Easygoer45

• Members
  • 1336 posts
Opposing teams are going to try to get under his skin and opposing players are going to take more ceap shots at him due to this type of behavior.

wrigley

wrigley

• Members
  • 713 posts
This is gonna be the first of many issues on his wrap sheet wait until he blows up on a coach or player coming soon to a field near you

Blue

Blue

• JFC
  • 16941 posts
Career backup. Nothing to see here folks.

Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 162 posts
This kid can either be Joe Namath or Ryan Leaf... ...I'm thinking Leaf.

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

This kid can either be Joe Namath or Ryan Leaf...

...I'm thinking Leaf.

You're absolutely right. The best he can be is Joe Namath.

A guy with 173 career TDs and 220 Interceptions...

A 62-63 record...

A 50.1% career completion percentage...

A 65.5 career QBR...

Joe Namath is the most overrated NFL player of all-time.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67484 posts

Guys got a bullseye on his back from being a dick in college and thinking he's a nfl star. he's got a rude awaking in the pro's. Plus he has the Ese jinx. Ese bought his jersey. :smiley-laughing001:

LOL

That's exactly it.

hels

hels

Master Baiter

• Members
  • 1054 posts
All this does is show that the defence can get in his head. This is a bigger weakness than anything else on the field

Sports

Sports

Banned

• Guests
  • 243 posts

All this does is show that the defence can get in his head. This is a bigger weakness than anything else on the field

This.

Sam Odom

Sam Odom

Rockstar

• Members
  • 15461 posts

Joe KNOWS the correct finger to use

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2623[/ATTACH]

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2623[/ATTACH]

Guy's the worst.

Sam Odom

Sam Odom

Rockstar

• Members
  • 15461 posts
Joe Willy more than any one player revolutionize Pro Football way back when

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

Joe Willy more than any one player revolutionize Pro Football way back when

His persona and looks revolutionized the game, maybe. It was definitely not his play.

Some of the worst numbers for a Hall of Famer ever.

Sports

Sports

Banned

• Guests
  • 243 posts

His persona and looks revolutionized the game, maybe. It was definitely not his play. Some of the worst numbers for a Hall of Famer ever.

Nah, he was a legendary player, revolutionized football, and a Super Bowl champion.

Sam Odom

Sam Odom

Rockstar

• Members
  • 15461 posts

Nah, he was a legendary player, revolutionized football, and a Super Bowl champion.

With his Guarantee then backing it up legitimized the AFL... The rest is history

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

With his Guarantee then backing it up legitimized the AFL... The rest is history

Maybe so.

But you cant deny how awful his numbers are.

He would be a 3rd string qb or playing in the CFL if he came up this day and age.

Sports

Sports

Banned

• Guests
  • 243 posts
Coach Taylor he would be the toughest QB in the league today. Joe played in the NFL when they played real football. Now the NFL is glorified two-hand touch. One possibility why his numbers aren't that good by "today's standards" is because he was getting his brains bashed in every game. If defenses today played the way defenses played against Joe back I the day they would get lifetime bans from the league. I just do not think it is fair to compare a QB from 40-50 years ago to today's players.

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

Coach Taylor he would be the toughest QB in the league today. Joe played in the NFL when they played real football. Now the NFL is glorified two-hand touch. One possibility why his numbers aren't that good by "today's standards" is because he was getting his brains bashed in every game. If defenses today played the way defenses played against Joe back I the day they would get lifetime bans from the league. I just do not think it is fair to compare a QB from 40-50 years ago to today's players.

Completely disagree.

Take a look at QB numbers from the same era.

Joe Namath
173 TDs
220 Ints
50.1% completion rate
65.5 QBR

Bart Starr
152 TDs
138 Ints
57.4% completion rate
80.5 QBR

Len Dawson
239 TDs
183 Ints
57.1% completion rate
82.6 QBR

Johnny Unitas
290 TDs
253 Ints
54.6 % completion rate
78.2 QBR

Sonny Jurgensen
255 TDs
189 Ints
57.1% completion rate
82.6 QBR

Joe Namath's numbers are absolutely laughable. He was not a good QB under any circumstance. ESPN has pounded it into our brains that because of what he did in Super Bowl 3, he was an all-time great. He is the worst induction into the Football Hall of Fame. His QBR was 15 points below what the good QBs of his era accomplished. He threw almost 40 more INTS than TDS and only completed half of his passes. On Football Reference.com his career player similarity ranks include such greats as Mark Bulger, Jake Plummer, Joe Theismann, Jim Everett, and Steve Grogan.

Drizzle

Drizzle

• Members
  • 129 posts

Maybe so.

But you cant deny how awful his numbers are.

He would be a 3rd string qb or playing in the CFL if he came up this day and age.

Agree. Certainly very overrated. Without that SB win, he's just another qb from that era.

Brayden11

Brayden11

• Members
  • 2421 posts
When healthy which wasn't much of his career, he was a top QB and certainly his persona and the SB win helped get him in the HOF but to say he was a below average QB is ridiculous. Played when the game was a much tougher on passing teams and not many QBs from that era had great td to int ratios. Had a cannon for an arm and knack for making big plays.

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

Played when the game was a much tougher on passing teams and not many QBs from that era had great td to int ratios.

Completely disagree.

Take a look at QB numbers from the same era.

Joe Namath
173 TDs
220 Ints
50.1% completion rate
65.5 QBR

Bart Starr
152 TDs
138 Ints
57.4% completion rate
80.5 QBR

Len Dawson
239 TDs
183 Ints
57.1% completion rate
82.6 QBR

Johnny Unitas
290 TDs
253 Ints
54.6 % completion rate
78.2 QBR

Sonny Jurgensen
255 TDs
189 Ints
57.1% completion rate
82.6 QBR

Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 162 posts

A guy with 173 career TDs and 220 Interceptions...

A 62-63 record...

A 50.1% career completion percentage...

A 65.5 career QBR...

Joe Namath is the most overrated NFL player of all-time.

Well, actually I was talking about Namath's bad boy image.

But, CT, since you've gone on tilt on this, Namath played his entire career on bad legs and still had a defining career. He was critically hurt at Alabama and signed while never telling anyone how bad of shape he was in. In spite of this the was essentially the player who showed the old AFL was the equal of the NFL by beating the Colts in SB III who were consider one of the teams of the decade. Remember, in SB I & II the AFL teams were pretty sad. Namath took advantage of the Colts taking the Jets lightly by audiblizing at the line and superior game management, and the game really was never in doubt. Remember, the line on this game was 17+ and the Jets made the best team in the NFL look bad. If you don't believe it, go look at the old game tapes.

Right, his numbers aren't that good. But, he personally won perhaps the most important game that any old AFL team ever played up to that point. And, unlike those HS teams you coached in Texas, he didn't just bearly win in the last few minutes, he made them look bad. That game cemented the AFL/NFL merger. After that, the shit talking about the "inferior" league stopped.

Read some history CT.

BTW, you guys going to get a Friday Night Lights movie going or not?

Sports

Sports

Banned

• Guests
  • 243 posts
Coach Taylor is a sharp poster. I enjoyed reading his posts across the street. But on this one he is just off base, plain and simple. Not one NFL QB playing the game today would last one half, let alone an entire season or career, playing football the way it was allowed to be played 45 years ago...

Coach Taylor

Coach Taylor

• Members
  • 479 posts

Coach Taylor is a sharp poster. I enjoyed reading his posts across the street. But on this one he is just off base, plain and simple. Not one NFL QB playing the game today would last one half, let alone an entire season or career, playing football the way it was allowed to be played 45 years ago...

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But you can't tell me guys like Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers couldn't play back then. They are tough players and have superior football minds. They could play whenever and complete more than half of their passes. My opinion at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users