Changes that could soon come to the NFL. Your thoughts?

Sol Diabler

Agree 100% with 3 preseason games. Nothing worse than losing a key player for the season before it even starts. Love the format of all the other stuff. I love the idea of neutral sites.

Bringing NFL games to non NFL cities. Lincoln, Ne, Baton Rouge,La. Cities like these are great college football cities. Would sell out easily.

Dont mind any of those changes. In fact I like them all. I still think there will eventually (how soon I dont know) be non USA teams like London and Toronto with their own teams in the NFL. Not sure any city could sustain enough interest to keep selling out neutral site games with no hope of ever getting a local team of their own to root for

I havent seen that 17 game number before, thought all the talk for the past few years was an 18 game schedule?

Great ideas Diabler' date=' but 16 games is the max I think.....with only a few preseason games, there would be a lot more busting ass on the practice field and maybe more injuries.....[/quote']

No chance they reduce the number of preseason games without adding more reg season games. That's just erasing revenue for the teams and that is not happening. Players are also paid for 20 games so if you reduce preseason games you reduce their contracts by at least 5%

If they reduce preseason games it will only be to add more reg season matchups, only way it happens

The NFL is supposedly going to be adding one more playoff team to the AFC and one more playoff team to the NFC bringing the total to make the postseason to 14 from 12 starting in 2015.

I originally didn't like the extra wild card teams in baseball, but kinda like it now

Definitely like the 4 teams for college football, not just because Phil Steele printed out the same thing over and over in his magazine..but he had logical points about the meaning of the regular season versus watering the regular season down..I think 4 is just right

But I don't like this idea at all for NFL...I know teams get hot and come together sometimes at the end of the year, but just seems wrong to add another two. But hey NFL is about entertainment and money, more than 'sport' anyway...so probably will happen