I am going to go out on a Limb and say the Cubs don't make the Playoffs this season

Big Bear

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. you have Pirates & Cardinals in the same division

and the Cardinals aren't exactly in the business of throwing in the towel before the season starts and rebuilding. They have dominated the NL Central for a long long time.

I doubt they would let Jason Heyward and John Lackey walk away if they felt like either player was worth a shit.

Worst defensive outfield in the majors. A liability in RF, a Linebacker/DH playing LF , and a guy who has never played CF before playing CF.

Lackey is 37.

Lester hasn't been elite in awhile.

and there have been reports of Jake Arrieta having a dead arm.

i do think they will win a world series in the next 5 years.

but its tough when the target is on your back. Especially with the amount of players under 25 years old that they will be counting on as everyday players.

I think its easier for teams to have success when they can kind of fly under the radar and there isnt a sense of World Series or bust expectations...

Last years pre-season favorite was the Nationals.

And Before the season started last year i heard people calling the Nationals rotation the best in the history of baseball and they ended up not making the playoffs.

the year before that was the Dodgers... and they had an early playoff exit against the Cardinals.

I think it all comes down to Arrieta. Obviously he doesn't have to repeat the ridiculous 2nd half of last year but if he is an ace and stays healthy, they'll make the playoffs no doubt.  If he regresses a bit, they could definitely miss the playoffs. 

I think he regresses but they make the playoffs anyway

Javychicagoscrubkerry is probably the only poster I think is mentally ill for real.

He doesn't comprehend why no one else shares his thoughts and it drives him nuts.  He is so crazy he thinks it's because he is intellectually superior to everyone.  Dude is a nutcase.

Check out the thread about cespedes car across the street.

Javychicagoscrubkerry is probably the only poster I think is mentally ill for real.

He doesn't comprehend why no one else shares his thoughts and it drives him nuts.  He is so crazy he thinks it's because he is intellectually superior to everyone.  Dude is a nutcase.

Check out the thread about cespedes car across the street.

i think javy is pretty smart... but like most people left at eog he just likes to argue

pointless to continue arguing since nobody is gonna change their mind on anything, but he seems to get off on it 

i think javy is pretty smart... but like most people left at eog he just likes to argue

pointless to continue arguing since nobody is gonna change their mind on anything, but he seems to get off on it 

smart............... really?

Because he claims to be a lawyer?  

He doesn't even win arguments at EOG.  How can he do it in real life.  Imagine him handling himself like that at work?  

I think he's a nut job.  

is it fair to say MLB is the next most popular professional league behind the NFL?

its not that i hate the sport of basketball but who cares about the NBA?

we already know either the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, or Cavs will win it all. No other team has a chance...

In MLB any playoff team is capable of getting hot and winning it all.