NBA 2014-2015 Season Discussion

Chickadee

I run across various news and stuff that isn't worth posting a thread for and will probably dump my picks in here from time to time too.

-Julius Randle breaks his leg in the season opener and he will be out for the year. Very big loss for the Lakers whose season goes from bad to worst almost immediately. Also Byron Scott looks like an utter moron 1 game in.

Picks for tonight

Utah Jazz +3 -103

Utah look good this preseason. I thought they underachived last season but a lot of the blame can be put on Ty Corbin. Quin Snyder has them shooting a lot more 3s and his defensive schemes seem to be better understood by both Favors/Kanter who as a combo were just a mess offensively last year. He even had Enes Kanter shooting 3's as a stretch 4 in some games rather effectively which is a bit surprising given that Kanter was really never considered a perimeter player as he's more of a post up scorer. Houston if off a B2B at the lakers and you know the big retards howard/harden partied in LA last night so I expect them to be sluggish against a "crap" team like the Jazz. Jazz also picked up Jordan Hamilton who was waived by the Raptors. He was an under the radar acquisition that gives them even more 3pt shooting ability and an effective 4th option if Ariza shuts down Hayward.

SAC/GS O205 -104

The number has been jumping around all day but I don't buy that under TBH. Steve Kerr had the GS offense rolling this preseason and Sacramento really isn't anything special this year with their loss of Isaiah Thomas and additions of Collison as their starting PG . Sacramento offense looked bad preseason but the one legitimate acquisition will be Ramon Sessions as an offensive player off their bench. I wouldn't be surprised if he ursurped DC as starting PG midway through the season and they will again fall into the trap of revolving PGs a.l.a Isaiah Thomas/Grevis Vasquez.

Minnesota +7.5 -105

I played it at +8 1/2 but i'm not going to railbird it up. I've written a lot about them this preseason on various forums advocating O25.5 -110 for their season win total. Glad to report a closing fair line looks like it's going to be around 28.5 (currently U29.5 -126 at Pinn). I don't often toot my horn but it's comforting that market seems to be in agreement even if those theoritical skanksy bucks mean jack shit if the outcome doesn't flip right. Anyway I have Memphis regressing a bit this season even with the addition of Vince Carter which will give them some wing offense. The Wolves are a young team but even without Kevin Love they should be able to cover the # with the pieces they've added against Memphis.

Caveat is i've been losing my ass betting lately so these might be solid fades for those inclined. Enjoy either way!