A Brief Time in Hell - Remembering the Monday Night Miracle

PPHCR.com

Hey everybody, just wanted to share the latest posting over at the PPHCR Blog. Enjoy!

by Bear Bauer – Pay Per Head News -

“You son of a bitch!†She shrieked at me with her arms flailing madly like some kind of savage wild cat. “How could you bet all our money on a stupid football game?!†My reflexes took over and I moved with sheer instinct, seizing her gangling arms by the wrists and with one deft move I pivot and toss her lightly onto the sofa.

“You don’t understand, this is a sure thing baby†I mumbled, my mouth still full of dried pork ribs I’d brought back from the Chinese joint. “The key to this game is not to get emotional. Fear is the mind killer! Now stop squirming and move over!†She let out an exasperated huff and marched off into the bedroom. Oh well, I didn’t need her blurting out uneducated opinions and second guessing every play on this game. Monday night football was about to start and I had put the whole bankroll on the Jets Moneyline.

“Occasionally a jolt of horror and disbelief shoots up my spine and explodes in the base of my brain…â€

The Jets were off to a good start on the season and playing at home against the Dolphins who are notoriously bad in cold, outdoor stadium conditions. Led by the strong veteran arm of Quarterback Vinny Testaverde this was going to be a slaughter. “Easy money!†I hollered as I cracked a beer and the adrenaline inducing strains of the Monday Night Football theme song blasted from the TV. It was October 23, 2000.

To continue reading the full article click here: http://pphcr.com/a-brief-time-in-hell-remembering-the-monday-night-miracle/