TGF MMA Thread

LCD

All the shit can go in here.

UFC Fight Night 86 coming up on April 10th.

Waiting for the line on Taisumov vs Hadzovic.

JDS is too depressing.  Cain wrecked his soul and probably going off PEDs finished the job. The fact that he's a pickem against Rothwell shows how far he's fallen.  Wouldn't touch it.

UFC On Fox 19 on April 16th.

Betting on Nurmagomedov (my favorite fighter) and unfortunately the line is finally moving.  It's up to -185.  Ferguson is very talented but Nurm is probably the best wrestler in the UFC now.  It's a long layoff but if anyone can do what Cruz did it's him. He will take him down and though Ferguson is a tricky fighter he shouldnt be able to submit him.

UFC 197 on April 23rd.

Cormier vs Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/22/11288440/rashad-evans-on-jones-cormier-im-going-to-go-with-dc

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/24/11289232/bas-rutten-thinks-jon-jones-confidence-may-be-a-front-ufc-mma-interview

I think with the size increase Jones is still cycling which changes everything.

Johnson (the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC will run through Cejudo). So a great bet at -400 at Bookmaker.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

liking Ferguson over your boy Khabib, LCD..

El Cucuy has been in absolute beast mode of late and like you said, Khabib's long layoff could cause problems for him.  

I'm going to ride the El Cucuy train until he loses

Mighty Mouse will have his way with Cejudo, who has not impressed me much.  Surprised the line isn't higher and that is as close to a "lock" as you can get betting on sports.

Jones should starch Cormier again...I usually root for the "bad guy" 

Man hate they are having McGregor and Diaz II... Saw RDA would give Diaz a title shot or he wantedto fight Lawler..UFC said No ?

RDA would give Diaz a title shot because he dominated him the first time they met when Diaz didn't make weight and it would be a lot easier than fighting Nurm if he wins the title eliminator.

Maia -320 over Matt Brown.

Part of the success of betting this now is figuring out who is still taking PEDs. The number of careers that have gone off the rails since the USADA began drug testing is only going to grow.

Those who are able to still hide it while others stop will have a bigger advantage.

A lot of Brazilians got fucked. Oh well.

I want to start watching mma but I feel like I'm to late. I'll wait til cm punk fights. Well if he ever does

Yanks never too late you like wrestling you will enjoy MMA,,, now on to Punk who knows when if ever he will fight.. We are talking about Punk now...who knows with this guy.... Go try and find Lawler vs Rory McDonald was awesome...

Cyborg making her UFC debut @ UFC 198 in Brazil on May 14th against Leslie Smith @ 140lb catch weight.

Yanks, is it possibly to put Smoke where he belongs as well?  Maybe just toss anyone that has ever posted "STOP" by itself down in the sand box.  They're all fucking clowns.

Haha. I just saw this. Obviously, they're looking at a post Rousey world and they even compromised by letting her fight at 140.

One of Diaz's coaches accused McGregor of steroids which if nothing else Diaz has now started the process of mindfucking him early. The balloon animal stuff isn't going to play as well this time. Full camp Diaz, McGregor better dose up good.

Haha. I just saw this. Obviously, they're looking at a post Rousey world and they even compromised by letting her fight at 140.

One of Diaz's coaches accused McGregor of steroids which if nothing else Diaz has now started the process of mindfucking him early. The balloon animal stuff isn't going to play as well this time. Full camp Diaz, McGregor better dose up good.

does anyone have stats on fighters having a full training camp vs short notice?  my guess is the difference has less of an effect than people think

does anyone have stats on fighters having a full training camp vs short notice? my guess is the difference has less of an effect than people think

That would be good to look into. In Diaz's case one of the brothers advantages is their cardio. Was his cardio as good as it could have been, definitely not. Was McGregor affected by not having to cut to 155, definitely. But now how can it hurt to train for 3 months versus 11 days.

The other great weapon McGregor has is psychological warfare. That ship has sailed in Diaz's case.

If you look at the photos Ted posted above, then come on. GSP said he needed a year to go from 170 to 185. That lower pic is a complete wtf.

Mcgregor was training for a striker that had better BJJ than him.

Mcgregor fought a striker that had better BJJ than him.

If you have a full camp and training for a Robbie Lawler type and then all of a sudden he pulls and you get a Damien Meia type...That full camp probably doesn't serve as a huge advantage at all.  But if that Damien Meia type didn't have a fight booked and was just doing the typical 3 times a week training, not the full training camp when guys are training twice a day, then who knows what CARDIO he's got.

I would imagine it's more of a toss up.  With cardio being the biggest part.

I would say that McG's three advantages are his power, his ability to cut a massive amount of weight even with the no IV rule and the ability to psychically destabilize his opponent like he did with Aldo.

Diaz can take his punches, Diaz will be bigger and the steroid accusation(true or not) probably means that Diaz is going to be the first fighter to get the mental advantage with McGregor. You'll see him trash talking Mcagregor more in the second fight. You can't play master of the universe when you get mounted and then immediately give up your back and immediately tap out.