TGF MMA Thread

LCD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Stipe line went to -165 knew to take him... Finally UFC fights went my way .Edgar, Maia which was a sweat...JJ was the best bet of the night surprised she was less than a 2 dollar favorite. NEXT card sucks. .Jones vs Cormier can't wait til fat boy loses his fake belt. Hope he makes weight and Jones stays isolated somewhere

It was interesting during that press conference how much Cormier got under his skin.  I also wonder what Jones is like off the juice.  He was PEDing like a motherfucker right before he fought OSP when he was deadlifting 600 pounds.  I almost want to root for the fat guy.  The whole last two years of the UFC have been these crazy title fight upsets. Maybe there will be one more though there is no way I'm betting against Jones just because if he can get away with cheating he will and then you have the MMA freak fighting an aging, somewhat less talented guy with a dad bod.

I'm against most of you guys, really rooting for Cormier. Not sure if I will bet or not, will see what kind of number is out there, I assume Jones somewhere around -130 or so.

Had a decent night, the no contest in the Porier fight sucked, was probably up 2-0 and only needed to survive the final round.

MMA is no longer the candy store it was 10 years ago, numbers are tighter and the general public is getting sharper. I used the do real well, now pretty much a coin flipper.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys watching TUF? First season I've watched in a long time. I've been watching on demand which has fast forward disabled. Tonight, DVR and fast forward through the BS. It's pretty bad. 40 minutes of "Hold me back bro, you wanna fight now bitch?","I'm not a bitch, you're a bitch." "I know you are but what am I?" "Rubber and glue mother fucker."

Then 15 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of the actual contestants fighting.

I'll post the lines for UFC 212 tomorrow but Aldo line is dropping.  It was -140 yesterday and it's -110 now at 5Dimes six days out from the fight.  Same weird shit as Maia and Edgar.  Maia maybe made sense.  Edgar didn't.  And don't think this does unless there's an Aldo injury (or bad weight cut) or some Brazilian drama that we don't know about.

I'll post the lines for UFC 212 tomorrow but Aldo line is dropping. It was -140 yesterday and it's -110 now at 5Dimes six days out from the fight. Same weird shit as Maia and Edgar. Maia maybe made sense. Edgar didn't. And don't think this does unless there's an Aldo injury (or bad weight cut) or some Brazilian drama that we don't know about.

Who here can understand Portuguese??? Start researching.

It will hopefully come out if it is something.  But I'm betting on Aldo.  He's one of the five best fighters in the UFC.  Is undervalued because of the McGregor loss.  Convincingly beat Edgar who is also one of the five best fighters in the UFC which probably disproves or at least discounts juicing post USADA.

Just like the last Edgar fight.  Better veteran defeats not ready young possible future champion.

Holloway doesn't have KO power.  Aldo does.

H's two biggest fights were against Pettis (post USADA and Pettis didn't make weight) and McGregor (and I'm on the side of McGregor hurting his ACL during the fight which H said was bullshit).

Aldo in a better camp, a better fighter and the fight is in Brazil.  Edgar win proves he still has it.  Will wait for something to come out but after weigh in (he gets more time even it if's with the no IV) will probably dump more on him.

Aldo has beaten Edgar twice and Mendes (probably PED'ing) twice,

Just like Maia and Edgar if I lose don't give a shit because coming to the end of my MMA betting career.  Aldo is better than H in every way.  McGregor 's shit talking got to Aldo.  H's is so bad it's just annoying.

Also like Lawler against Cerrone in July.  That's a cliff jump.

Ah sorry, meant KO from being able to throw a punch or kick or a knee that will KO someone not overwhelm someone with a massive amount of strikes.  Being in mount and raining down punches to get a KO doesn't mean KO power (Chope, let's not include the two low blows), Collard (10 days notice, completely outclassed, won't count the punches on this one either), Kamaka (19 losses, 11 by KO), Oliveira (fighting with an injured neck sustained a neck injury shooting for a takedown), Corassani (has been tko/ko'ed in his last three fights).  Holloway is a great fighter.  I think Aldo is better and hits much harder.

Cub Swanson has only been KO'ed by one fighter.  Holloway submitted him in the third round This is what I meant by KO power:

Just rewatched the Pettis/Holloway fight (Pettis bad weight cut, post juicing and the obligatory nut shot) and Holloway looks just okay throughout and wins and finishes him with multiple strikes after Pettis collapses (partially by exhaustion?) with 10 seconds left in round 3.

Then watched Holloway/McGregor.  McGregor completely dominated and with his limited BJJ skill set kept Holloway down for two minutes in round two and then just took him down in round three and easily guard passed and then was almost reversed  but McGregor stopped it then took him down again and gets a full mount. And then takes him down again.  This is surprising for a fighter who was several years away from being called a "white belt" by Diaz.

Holloway has obviously greatly improved in the last 4 years since the McGregor fight but the expectation that a guy who wants to keep it standing and whose greatest weapon is his jab is going to have to go against a vastly more experienced fighter who hits much harder (though not as hard as McGregor) and has much better jiu-jitsu.

A number of MMA coaches have come out for Holloway.  But again I think what you're betting on is Aldo gassing (like in the slightly similar Hominick fight where he gassed badly partly because of a bad weight cut after turning Hominick into a mutant after 4 rounds) and or his chin is gone or he's psychologically damaged by the McGregor fight.  He's only 30 and he beat Edgar convincingly who is better than Holloway too so that hopefully deals with the post USADA and motivation questions.  McGregor hits as hard as any welterweight other than Woodley.  Holloway doesn't.  Aldo is more technical. Quicker.  Better with almost everything other than a jab.  I think it's a mistake to judge a fighter on one fight in 9 years.  He was the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC and is probably still in the top 5.  Holloway is in the top 15.  And if Aldo does gas he's going to probably deal with it better than Pettis because of his experience.

Hominick's best weapon was his jab too.  He looked like this after their fight and he was never the same fighter again.

hominick.jpg

Aldo is going to probably move up and try to fight Ferguson and force McGregor into a lightweight title fight.  At least that's his plan.  He looks small, even compared to Holloway though.

Aldo in Brazil.  Holloway starts slow.  Line has moved back so assume there's not weight cutting secret drama or injury. At -110 Aldo was definitely worth betting.  Still think so at -150.  Though it might be worth waiting till after the weigh-ins tomorrow because Holloway is going to tower over him.

BOL with your bets.

Lol at the weigh ins.

The strategy of betting on Vitor if he's juicing seems to have been tampered with because he decided to wear all his clothes for the later weigh in.  But it seems pretty apparent that he is juicing.  Based on what he has said about promoting himself and his brand with a training center and other shit and this "final" fight being in Brazil.  I think he said fuck it and is back to max juicing so will bet Vitor at -167 but might wait till he walks out or takes off his shirt.

belfort.jpg

Then there's Silva who looks like he went off the rails PED-wise.

Here's Silva weighing in for Brenneman.

erick-silva-2.jpg

Here's Silva yesterday.

silva.jpg

All Medeiros has to do is survive the first round and if Silva looks like that he will.  Then the greatest fader in MMA will fade.

Medeiros -165

Borrachinha -265

Most every MMA journalist is picking Holloway.  Fuck em.  Need leg kick Aldo to show up.

Lol at the weigh ins.

The strategy of betting on Vitor if he's juicing seems to have been tampered with because he decided to wear all his clothes for the later weigh in.  But it seems pretty apparent that he is juicing.  Based on what he has said about promoting himself and his brand with a training center and other shit and this "final" fight being in Brazil.  I think he said fuck it and is back to max juicing so will bet Vitor at -167 but might wait till he walks out or takes off his shirt.

attachicon.gifbelfort.jpg

Then there's Silva who looks like he went off the rails PED-wise.

Here's Silva weighing in for Brenneman.

attachicon.giferick-silva-2.jpg

Here's Silva yesterday.

attachicon.gifsilva.jpg

All Medeiros has to do is survive the first round and if Silva looks like that he will.  Then the greatest fader in MMA will fade.

Medeiros -165

Borrachinha -265

Most every MMA journalist is picking Holloway.  Fuck em.  Need leg kick Aldo to show up.

Yeah funny you say that, been betting Vitor fights for years on how inflated he looks at the weigh in. Fucker trying to fool us.

Kowalkiewicz at +280 my only bet on the card. I know I'm going against the steam here but think the price too high. Also not convinced Gadelha is the same fighter after the JJ fight.

Im at a Chinese wedding reception and its a 11 course meal and its taking forever and trying to follow but theres so much food andi cant watch so cant bet on Belfort live pre fight if he looks like a gorilla.

Saw M and Brazilian B won.