How have you grown to be more fiscally sound since your 20's?

Guest ChrisHarvard

Ronnie, Chris has his drawbacks, but the kid is making strides to try and improve himself, and he also at times relays good info to the forum..........

Ronnie, as I've told you countless times, were all fuking losers!!!......life's to short to ever be a winner in the game of life.

You're right.

I apologize to Harvey.

Guys out there owning 3.3 million dollar RVs, owning strip clubs, owning major league franchises.....we're out here sweating $40 parlays and $400 wagers.......

Who are we trying to kid.

We're all fucking losers.

Saved 10 percent of my income starting at 26. Retired at 46. Now I am 55. Life has more open doors when everyone around you has mortgage or apt payment and you just have utilities to pay because the house is paid for. Got house paid off at 43.

Also, I look at my savings account last month and this month. Each month, my savings account goes up, I know I am not spending too much. If this month my savings account is less than last month, it means I am living beyond my means, so reduce my spending. Each month you should have more and more money that it becomes a game.

Things get confusing when we feel we need a $XX apt and we only have $XX-100 monthly for an apt. You know this is happening when every month, the savings account is less each month.

I put on a calendar each day how much money I spent that day, I have over a decade of calendars. Each month I go to my 6 money accounts and write the totals from my money accounts into my calendar, it helps keep my on goal.I can go back months in my calendar and see how much I was ahead or behind in any time period.

Saved 10 percent of my income starting at 26. Retired at 46. Now I am 55. Life has more open doors when everyone around you has mortgage or apt payment and you just have utilities to pay because the house is paid for. Got house paid off at 43.

Also, I look at my savings account last month and this month. Each month, my savings account goes up, I know I am not spending too much. If this month my savings account is less than last month, it means I am living beyond my means, so reduce my spending. Each month you should have more and more money that it becomes a game.

Things get confusing when we feel we need a $XX apt and we only have $XX-100 monthly for an apt. You know this is happening when every month, the savings account is less each month.

I put on a calendar each day how much money I spent that day, I have over a decade of calendars. Each month I go to my 6 money accounts and write the totals from my money accounts into my calendar, it helps keep my on goal.I can go back months in my calendar and see how much I was ahead or behind in any time period.

Solid advice here.

thanks

If everyone conducted their finances like you we would be far better off.

So many people live beyond their means, largely to impress broads and get pussy.

I drive a '78 Datsun.

I still get plenty of pussy.