NCAAB CAA Predictions and Plays

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-14, -3.675

Sunday (opening day of conference schedule)

Elon +5 (-110) vs. Drexel - 1.1 to win 1

Elon Drexel UNDER 131(-110) - 1.1 to win 1

Charleston W&M OVER 124.5 (-115) - 1.15 to win 1

UNCW +5 vs. Hofstra (-110) - 1.1 to win 1 and ML (+190) 0.5 units

Towson JMU UNDER 128.5 (-110) - 1.1 to win 1

JMU -4.5 (-110) vs. Towson - 1.1 to win 1

Notes to self:

1) Only back UNCW for the first half. Not sure how their mindset changes at halftime but it seems like they have played like shit in just about every 2nd half this year.

2) Charleston might have the worst offense in the CAA - I don't see them winning many games when their opponent tops 60. I didn't think the loss of Willis Hall would hurt this team as much as it has (especially with them returning just about everyone else from last year).

Poor effort on defense by NE tonight. UNCW actually stuck with their gameplan the entire game (instead of jacking up low percentage 3's) and was able to score at will against NE.

Drexel is as bad as imaginable on the offensive end. After scoring 12 points in the 1st 4 minutes of the game, they scored 35 points the rest of the game. Just asking too much of Damion Lee to carry his team on both sides of the court.

Delaware/Hofstra had a very surprising low total in the 1st half and despite a good amount of points in the 2nd half, never came close to the over.

Charleston is currently in one of their typical scoring slumps (4 points total from the 4 minute mark of the 1st half to the 11 minute mark of the 2nd half) and will give Drexel a run for their money for worst offense in the CAA

2-3-1, -0.875

22-23-1, -2.6

Unlucky with the Charleston total. 20 points in the last minute of the game sent it over by a few points.

Saturday

Northeastern -4 (-110) - 2.2 to win 2

UNC-W -2.5 (1H) (-105) - 1.05 to win 1

JMU +10 (-110) - 1.1 to win 1

Elon +5 (-110) - 1.1 to win 1 and ML (+180) 0.5 units

Might add a couple totals when all the totals are up

Not a good day so far....

Charleston getting outhustled by a Delaware team with 1 win... Going to be tough to find a conference win on the schedule for Charleston for a while with 5 of their next 6 on the road.

Northeastern managed to score 2 points the final 8 minutes of the game and miss the cover by a point. NE is very lucky to be 3-1 in conference so far as they have not played particularly well in any of their games outside of the Delaware one.

Just heard that JMU has (finally...) kicked Andre Nation off the team. Despite getting ~10 do-overs from JMU, the guy still couldn't stay out of trouble. Even though he wasn't playing that well this year, kid had a lot of talent and he has found a way to waste it all. Losing Nation hurts JMU on the offensive end because they don't have that many consistent scoring threats and losing Nation's dribble drive threat won't help out any of their shooters, although JMU did seem to preform just as well on the offensive end when Nation was suspended earlier in the season.

Adding:

W&M -10 (2H) (-110) 0.55 to win 0.5 - Easily the worst half of bball tribe have played this year (in fact, it might be the worst showing on defense I have seen on defense the last 10 years). Shaver usually does a good job of making halftime adjustments and I don't see UNCW continuing to shoot the ball as well as they have from 3 in the 2nd half.

4-3, -0.3

29-32-1, -6.4

Yet again, W&M looked very sloppy and lethargic in the first half of another game. They ended up coming back from 20 to win the game against UNCW, but they will not be able to continue to get away with it (especially against Hofstra or NE)

Towson choked down the stretch in both regulation and OT to lose the ML.

Elon continues to show me that they live and (mostly) die by the 3. Need to slow down on the over bets with them as CAA teams have started defending the perimeter and not letting them get good looks from 3.

Northeastern pulled out a nice win against Hofstra in what was a very entertaining and high scoring game.

Nice hit on the 2nd half' date=' thanks for the effort you put in[/quote']

Thanks man. Been pretty unlucky so far this season - think I have missed 6 or 7 spreads by either a 1/2 point or full point / totals by either 1 or 2 points. But at the end of the day, a winning bet is a winning bet and a losing bet is a losing bet no matter how much your bet just covered or just missed the cover...

Usually this is around the time of the season where I start to heat up so hopefully I can get back into the + units soon and go from there.

Saturday 1/17

W&M -6 vs. Towson (-110): 1.1 to win 1 - Good matchup for the tribe, as Towson is a very poor offense. Tribe just needs to focus on getting the D-boards and not letting Towson get 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities

Hofstra UNCW UNDER 147.5 (-110): 1.1 to win 1 - 147.5 is a lot of points being asked from a UNCW offense that is inconsistent (and has a knack of going on some scoring droughts/slumps for long periods of games). Hofstra's pace is always a concern when betting unders, but I can see the game slowing down in the 2nd half if Hofstra gets out to a big lead.

UNCW +6 (1H) (-105) - 1.05 to win 1: UNCW just seems to play well coming out of the gate in the 1st half and struggles to maintain their good play in 2nd halves.

Will add more when the other totals come out