Japan: No Muslims, no terrorists

plommer

There seems to be alot of evidence that points to the fact that allowing Muslim immigrants into a non-Muslim country causes many problems with no benefit to the host nation.

Why should any 1st world nation allow Muslims to immigrate? Whats in it for them? The best case scenario isn't very appealing and the worst case scenario is disaster.

Because we are human beings and believe in helping others when they are down

Im proud Canada stepped up and helped many refugees in need. I know plenty of Muslims in my part of Canada, cant say there is a single one id ever be worried about harming me or anyone else. 

You are making a habit out of making gross generalizations based on superficial characteristics. You like to take the worst of any grouping of people (first women and now muslims) and color the entire population with that brush. Its not a good look 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fear is that by helping the poor souls and letting them into the country we make things worse for our country in the long run by doing so.

The fear is not irrational. 

I don't currently fear the Muslim population in Canada because they are a minority BUT should they ever become a majority then things will change and not for the better.

I don't think its wise to discount the threat of Islam in North America.

Im proud Canada stepped up and helped many refugees in need. I know plenty of Muslims in my part of Canada, cant say there is a single one id ever be worried about harming me or anyone else.

You are making a habit out of making gross generalizations based on superficial characteristics. You like to take the worst of any grouping of people (first women and now muslims) and color the entire population with that brush. Its not a good look

I happily agree with this post, substituting USA for Canada

Aided by a screening "surge operation" to speed up the vetting of refugees in Middle Eastern camps, the Obama administration is on track to keep the president's promise to permanently resettle an additional 10,000 refugees displaced by the Syrian conflict by September.

ADVERTISEMENT

The danger posed by people coming from terrorism-infested regions has been a hotly contested issue, as is the potentially outsized impact on the small American communities often called upon to receive them. What does not appear in doubt is the hefty price tag, which is projected to total some $644 million over those refugees' first five years in the United States.

Unlike other classes of immigrants, refugees are immediately eligible for a full range of welfare benefits.

The figure comes from an analysis performed by the Center for Immigration Studies, which looked at processing and administrative costs of the federal agencies, money for assistance provided to refugees directly or through federally funded nonprofit organizations and consumption of government-assistance programs. Unlike other classes of immigrants, refugees are immediately eligible for a full range of welfare benefits.

"My point was that relative to how many people we could help over there (near their home countries), it's very expensive," the report's author, Steven Camarota, told LifeZette Tuesday.

Camarota, director of research for the Washington-based think tank, estimated costs of the federal welfare programs by examining five-year usage rates contained in a report by the Office of Refugee Resettlement. The most recent figures, show usage rates for welfare programs by refugees from the Middle East that are even higher for most programs than when Camarota first wrote the report.

Refugees from the Middle East use those programs at rates that far exceed participation by refugees from any other region. In five of seven programs, the percentage of Middle Eastern refugees participating are higher than those of refugees from Africa, the region with the next-highest usage rates. In some cases, the rates are substantially higher. Nearly nine in 10 were on food stamps, for instance, compared with 80 percent of African refugees.

"The Middle East really stands out," said Camarota, who speculated that the disparity might be due to deficiencies in eduction, English proficiency or job skills. "There's something special about Middle Easterners in the cost of these programs."

The Office of Refugee Resettlement Report, however, indicates that Middle Easterners arrived with better English skills and more education than those from other parts of the world.

If the latest participation figures hold up for the Syrians admitted between Oct. 1 last year and Sept. 30 this year, Camarota's five-year cost projection -- $64,370 per person and $257,481 per household -- may be low-ball estimates.

Ira Mehlman, a spokesman for the Federation of American Immigration Reform, said it would be more cost-effective for the United States to provide financial assistance to Jordan and Turkey, which are housing the bulk of refugees who fled war-torn Syria. Those refugees also would have an easier time returning home after the fighting ends.

"In terms of helping people, you get far more for your money helping people close to where they live," he said.

Nayla Rush, a Center for Immigration Studies research fellow who wrote a recent report on President Obama's Syrian refugee program, said about 4,000 refugees already have been resettled in the United States. She said the "surge program" included the opening of a "temporary processing center" in Amman, Jordan, in February to condense the resettlement process -- normally 18 months to two years -- to just three months.

That allowed U.S. officials between February and April to interview almost 12,000 applicants referred by the United National High Commissioner for Refugees.

Rush said Obama almost certainly would like to hit the 10,000 target by the time he hosts a refugee summit in New York on Sept. 20.

"They will be coming; all 10,000 will come by the end of September," she said. "They will come by the end of September."

Rush also noted that the Obama administration is encouraging several back-door channels for Syrians who do not come in via refugee relocation. One method is the Priority-2 Direct Access Program, originally set up for Iraqis in 2008 and now available to Syrians. It allows U.S. citizens and green card holders to petition for relatives to come into the country.

Other possible methods of entry are student visas and work visas, Rush said. Her report noted that the president of the nonprofit Institute of International Education estimated that some 200,000 displaced Syrians in the Middle East are "university-qualified."

Rush said there is no telling how many people might enter through one of these back channels, which will not count against the refugee cap or receive the same level of scrutiny applied to refugees.

"These are numbers you have to be watching for," she said.

The government refugee report indicates that refugees struggle in the United States. Even those who had been in the county for five years in December 2104, the most recent year available, trailed their American counterparts. The unemployment rate among that cohort was 8.9 percent, 2.7 points higher than the U.S. rate at the time.

That combined with cultural disruption can lead to radicalization, some experts contend.

"We are seeing evidence that the difficulty is significant when people are coming from places in the Middle East, particularly the second generation," Mehlman said. "The consequences of failure to assimilate can be quite significant."

"It's 10,000 on top of a million and a half people coming here legally and illegally every year," he

I don't currently fear the Muslim population in Canada because they are a minority BUT should they ever become a majority then things will change and not for the better.

I don't think its wise to discount the threat of Islam in North America.

Majority? 10%-15% Muslims are enough to make life difficult for the rest.

i am scared of japan culture because everything seems so great about the country, to me whenever this stuff happens, all the bad people are hidden and so to speak.

i am scared of columbia culture because they have a reputation for having the most beautiful women on the planet and they are always in beauty contests.  It's like i wanted to go to columbia to get me some but then i realize that the cosmetology industry is heavily advanced.  Even though i might feel i am getting someone really good, deep down in the back of my mind i'm thinking that she's probably just an average person who is really good at beauty secrets.  Beauty secrets can be exposed in a lot of ways, not just after showers and in the morning but through age.

in other words, i think i am very comfortable in all the tough known neighborhoods because i don't think it can't possibly be that bad unless you are the type of person who fucks with people or don't have a muther fuckin' clue.  Even though i am mr los angeles, i know that i would fit very well with new york people as 1 small example because  you will always know where you stand with any given person of the new york culture for the most part.

new york people are known for being mean, if they don't like you, it will not be hidden, and i respect that a lot.  Too many idiots in this world cannot get a fuckin' clue when they are not welcome and they throw a fit, and then trouble ensues.  For a guy like me i don't even ask.  I'm an average iq guy who has the instincts to know when i am not welcomed, when i am not liked at all and no matter the rights i might have, i am never going to demand to be served.

So to go back to this thread honestly, my point is........   is that it can be very very scary not to know who your enemy is or where they might be.  i know that i can be very difficult to understand but i hope a few of you can understand what i am trying to say.

ahhh its a much smaller country. They have mafia, and very smart.

japanese mafia=yakuza yes very interesting people.  lara logan from 60 minutes did a segment on a yakuza leader in 2009 who was somehow mysteriously able to leap frog everyone in line to get an organ transplant at ucla medical center.  

how the fuck does this shit happen?  big money?  it's scary as hell but maybe it helps japan would never be associated with a group like isis