Home field Soldier Field
Record 6-10
Division place 4th NFC North
Playoff finish Did not qualify

Offensive Scheme:Erhardt-Perkins

Offensive Coordinator:Dowell Loggains

Defensive Alignment:3-4

Defensive Coordinator:Vic Fangio
Offense Rank-PTS20.9(23rd);YDS344.6(21st);PASS YDS228.9(23rd);RUSH YDS115.7(11th)
Defense Rank-PTS24.8(20th);YDS345.4(14th);PASS YDS224.6(4th);RUSH YDS120.9(22nd).

Red Zone Scoring/Efficiency:

On average, NFL teams run 132 plays in the red zone and convert just over 20 percent of said plays into touchdowns, for a league average of about 26 red zone touchdowns per team. At 17.6% the Bears were ranked 26th overall in red zone scoring/efficiency.

Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio:

Turnover Differential is calculated by subtracting the total number of giveaways (interceptions & fumbles lost) from the total number of takeaways (interceptions & opponent fumble recoveries).

The Bears were ranked 19th with a differential of -4 meaning for the year they had more giveaways than takeaways altogether.

Team Penalty Statistics:

The following are the 2015 NFL Team Penalty statistics. Figures include all enforced penalties offense/defense during regular season games.

The Bears were ranked 7th least penalized with only around 99 total for 2015.

Salary Cap:

Team Salary Cap: $156,027,279
Team Cap Space: $22,038,680

Offense:$74,939,555  Defense:$55,379,773  Special:$6,301,327

Last 5 Games:

Jan 3, 2016 Lost 24-20 vs Detroit (+2.5 ATS L) 45 Under
Dec 27, 2015 Won 26-21 at Tampa Bay (+3 ATS W) 44 Over
Dec 20, 2015 Lost 38-17 at Minnesota (+4 ATS L) 44 Over
Dec 13, 2015 Lost 24-21 vs Washington (-4 ATS L) 43 Over
Dec 6, 2015 Lost 26-20 vs San Francisco (-6 ATS L) 43 Over

2016 Free Agents:

Will Montgomery, C
    Nick Becton, LT (restricted FA)
    Alan Ball, CB
    Sherrod Martin, SS
    Ryan Mundy, SS

Free Agency Additions:

Brian Hoyer, QB – signed with the Bears
    Jacquizz Rodgers, RB – re-signed
    Robert Housler, TE – re-signed
    Zach Miller, TE – re-signed
    Josh Bellamy, WR (exclusive right FA) – re-signed
    Alshon Jeffery, WR – franchise tagged (non-exclusive)
    Marc Mariani, WR – re-signed
    Deonte Thompson, WR – re-signed
    Nate Chandler, OT – released by the Panthers
    Bobby Massie, RT – formerly with the Cardinals
    Ted Larsen, G – formerly with the Cardinals
    Akiem Hicks, DE – formerly with New England
    Gregg Scruggs, DE – re-signed
    Mitch Unrein, DT – re-signed
    Jerrell Freeman, ILB – formerly with the Colts
    Danny Trevathan, ILB – formerly with the Broncos
    Sam Acho, OLB
    DeVante Bausby, CB (exclusive rights FA) – re-signed
    Sherrick McManis, CB – re-signed
    Tracy Porter, CB – re-signed
    Chris Prosinski, SS – re-signed
    Omar Bolden, FS – formerly with the Broncos
    Aaron Brewer, LS – released by the Broncos

Free Agency Losses:

Matt Forte, RB – signed with the Jets
    Vladimir Ducasse, G – signed with the Ravens
    Patrick Omameh, G – signed with the Jaguars
    Jarvis Jenkins, DE – signed with the Jets
    Shea McClellin, ILB – signed with the Patriots
    LaRoy Reynolds, ILB (restricted FA) – signed with the Falcons

Traded For:

TBD

Traded Away:

Martellus Bennett, TE and a sixth-round draft pick to the Patriots for a fourth-round draft pick

Released by Team:

Manuel Ramirez, G – retired
    Matt Slauson, G – signed with the Chargers
    Jermon Bushrod, LT – signed with the Dolphins
    Antrel Rolle, SS

Coaching Changes:

Resigned – Adam Gase, Offensive Coordinator (now head coach with the Dolphins)
    Promoted- Dowell Loggains, Offensive Coordinator (previously team’s quarterbacks coach)

Draft Picks:

1st Round: Leonard Floyd, Outside linebacker, Georgia
2nd Round: Cody Whitehair, Guard, Kansas State
3rd Round: Jonathan Bullard, Defensive End, Florida
4th Round: Nick Kwiatkoski, Inside linebacker, West Virginia
4th Round: Deon Bush, Safety, Miami
4th Round: Deiondre' Hall, Cornerback, Northern Iowa

5th Round: Jordan Howard, Running back, Indiana
6th Round: DeAndre Houston-Carson, Safety, William & Mary

7th Round: Daniel Braverman, Wide receiver, Western Michigan

2016 Starters:

Offense:
QB:Jay Cutler
RB:Jeremy Langford
WR1:Alshon Jeffery
WR2:Kevin White
WR3:Eddie Royal
TE1:Zach Miller
LT:Charles Leno
LG:Cody Whitehair
C:Hroniss Grasu
RG:Kyle Long
RT:Bobby Massie

Defense:
DE:Mitch Unrein
NT:Eddie Goldman
DE:Akiem Hicks
OLB:Pernell McPhee
ILB:Danny Trevathan
ILB:Jerrell Freeman
OLB:Lamarr Houston
CB1:Tracy Porter
CB2:Kyle Fuller
S:Adrian Amos
S:Harold Jones-Quartey

2016 SCHEDULE:

Sept. 11: at Houston Texans, noon

Sept. 19: Philadelphia Eagles (Monday), 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 25: at Dallas Cowboys, 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 2: Detroit Lions, noon

Oct. 9: at Indianapolis Colts, noon

Oct. 16: Jacksonville Jaguars, noon

Oct. 20: at Green Bay Packers (Thursday), 7:25 p.m.

Oct. 31: Minnesota Vikings (Monday), 7:30 p.m.

Nov. 13: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, noon

Nov. 20: at New York Giants, noon

Nov. 27: Tennessee Titans, noon

Dec. 4: San Francisco 49ers, noon

Dec. 11: at Detroit Lions, noon

Dec. 18: Green Bay Packers, noon

Dec. 24: Washington Redskins (Saturday), noon

Jan. 1: at Minnesota Vikings, noon

PREDICTIONS FOR CHICAGO IN 2016:

Not really sure what to make of this new Bears squad under John Fox i do know they let go of their best RB Matt Forte and best TE Martellus Bennett i don't like those moves at all that was a big chunk of the offensive production gone now. Cutler had one of his best years last season with a 92.3 pass rating and completed 64% of his passes while cutting way down on the bad plays but i really do think he is going to suffer a bit with the loss of his most reliable targets on the offense. Despite being fast and imposing WR Kevin White struggled with drops all offseason. The Bears were already ranked 26th in red zone success which isn't good. Of course Fox is a defensive coach and i like the addition last year of Pernell McPhee and this year of ILB's Jerrell Freeman and Danny Trevathan in free agency and OLB Leonard Floyd in the draft. Fox will end up with one of the best linebacker groups in the league. The Bears were more of an offensive based team the past couple years but now they are moving full force ahead into a defensive minded one. Schedule is a bit tough starting out against Texans then their defense will be tested against the Cowboys. The Bears also will play against the Colts,Packers,Vikings,Giants in the middle of the season all those will be tough as well. They end the year against Packers,Vikings and Redskins as all three were playoff teams last year. Bovada says 7.5 games i think they'll go under and win around seven.

You wanna talk football? You had Jay Cutler in the top half of your Qbs but somehow the Bears are #27?

There also was a post later in that QB discussion where i said i did the list too fast and i said if i could edit i would drop Cutler many spots it was a mistake.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Defensive end Jonathan Bullard was in the backfield before New England Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett received the shotgun snap.

Bullard’s first step was that fast. Patriots guard Jon Halapio, a teammate of Bullard’s in college at Florida, was literally left spinning.

A gaping hole was created by Bullard’s burst, which gave rookie outside linebacker Leonard Floyd a free run at Brissett after his stunt inside.

Bullard and Floyd both wound up sharing a sack after the third-and-six play.

It may have come against the Patriots’ reserves, but it was another sign of the young players’ development, particularly Bullard’s. The third-round pick has been everything the Bears brass thought he would be – a quick-twitch pass rusher with an explosive first step – but he’s already rising up the depth chart.

With two preseason games on film, Bullard not has only passed older defensive linemen, including 2014 second-round pick Ego Ferguson, but he’s starting to generate conversation about whether he can be a starter in his rookie season. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio already considers Bullard a valuable rotational player.

“He continues to improve and learn our defense,” coach John Fox said. “He’s got the skill set. Now it’s just getting more comfortable with all the parts of his job.”

It includes handling two gaps and double teams in the Bears’ base 3-4 defense. Bullard said his coveted speed isn’t major advantage with those assignments, however.

“It’s definitely something I’m having to develop,” said Bullard, who was excused from practice on Sunday for personal reasons. “It’s something I’m not used to doing. I’m probably the smallest [defensive] lineman we have.

“It’s just one of things where I have to man up, anchor down [and] hold the point [of attack]. Our linebackers do a good job of coming downhill. They play off of you really fast. It’s something I’m definitely capable of. I’ve done it a few times. There are good times, and sometimes I have some bad ones. It’s really just about the technique now and me learning.”

Being sound technically is essential because the Bears aren’t asking Bullard, who is officially listed 6-3 and 290 pounds, to add weight and mass to handle the fierce workload. The team wants him to remain fast and explosive, so he’ll physically be different than Akiem Hicks (6-5, 336 pounds) and Eddie Goldman (6-4, 320).

“He’s learning,” Fox said of Bullard handling two gaps. “He hasn’t done a lot of it. He didn’t do that in college a bunch. It’s a necessity on base downs with us, but on the third-down stuff, it’s a little bit more what he’s done in college. He’s a little better prepared for that. But that’s new for him.”

During the joint practices with the Patriots, Bullard said he closely watched veteran lineman Terrance Knighton, a 6-5, 355-pound brute who previously played for Fox with the Denver Broncos.

“I got to talk Knighton about some of things that I’ve watched on film that he does that I like,” Bullard said. “So it was good for me. It was good to be able to see guys like that who have been successful and watch my guys compete against their guys and just pick up different things.”

Bullard is proving to be a quick study. In two preseason games, he has four tackles — one for loss — a half-sack and a quarterback hit.

“I’m definitely not satisfied,” Bullard said. “I’m not making some of the plays that I would usually make. But it’s a learning process. I’m trying to learn a new technique right now and slow down a little bit, watch and work on my feet as I go. But I’m not disappointed in myself at all.”

Yeah they shouldn't be this far down, they can definitely compete for a playoff spot

They really have a easy schedule. Only game west of the Mississippi is in Dallas. They will probably miss JJ Watt in the opener also. Bears have been doing a good job getting rid of the dead weight. I think they improve as the season progresses.

Following a disastrous outing against the Kansas City Chiefs this week, Chicago has now scored a grand total of 29 points in three preseason games.

Saturday’s outing against the Chiefs was so bad that we were left wondering how the team might be able to fix it heading into the season.

Chicago’s first-team offense, led by the enigmatic Jay Cutler, put up 16 total yards and two first downs in the first half. Cutler himself was sacked two times during that span.

Wanting to see a bit more of the first unit, head coach John Fox trotted the starters out there in the second half. They responded by putting up 45 yards on 12 plays before watching Robbie Gould is a 48-yard field goal.

Overall this preseason, the Bears’ first-team offense has tallied 11 points in 13 possessions, putting up a total of seven three-and-outs during that span. Ouch.

• 4 weeks later...