What medications do you take regularly?

IAG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. I've heard that. Been on them for 10 years or so....can't imagine it would be pleasant.

Posted this before, but I took Xanax for a few years prescribed for sleep (2mg at bedtime). Decided I was sick of it and wanted to try to sleep naturally again. Tapered and stopped taking them after a week or 2. First day fine but couldn't sleep. 2nd day I was seeing "shadow people" out of the corner of my eyes. Felt my teeth rotating in their sockets. Couldn't eat. Couldnt think straight. Finally after another day of just trying to deal with it I drove myself to the hospital to ask what to do. When they saw me they gave me a shot of some medicine to relax me and next thing you know I'm in a padded room. Funny now, not at the time. Tried to explain I wasn't crazy , had a job, was taking it legally etc. as they're telling me "yea yea sure we're going to hold you for 48 hours". Sat there for a few hours before another doc came in and talked to me. I explained the situation and was able to convince him I was totally sane. He called my mom and confirmed my story snd they released me to her like 20 mins later.

It took probably 6 months for me to sleep normally again. Stuff is garbage. But hey, it's legal, right Disabler!!!

Contin or codone? How many mgs? I really need off completely, but scared of detoxing without something like suboxone.

Been though this as well.

If you do choose suboxone (I did) only take it for a few days. I took a whole 2mg film first day. Took 1/4 of one 2nd day and a tiny piece the 3rd day. Felt mild withdraws for a few days but was 100% able to function. Trust me on this. Getting off long term sub is wayyyyy worse and takes longer than any opiate.

How do you continue to be on this stuff for years?  Docs just keep prescribing it?  Or do you get some of it on the "street"?

So easy. I got increasing amounts of Oxy for 3+'years and could have continued as long as I wanted most likely. I had a reasonably bad back injury and was virtually disabled but there was still zero need for that much pain medication. Was getting 120 80mg oxy pills + 90 oxytocin a month.

Posted this before, but I took Xanax for a few years prescribed for sleep (2mg at bedtime). Decided I was sick of it and wanted to try to sleep naturally again. Tapered and stopped taking them after a week or 2. First day fine but couldn't sleep. 2nd day I was seeing "shadow people" out of the corner of my eyes. Felt my teeth rotating in their sockets. Couldn't eat. Couldnt think straight. Finally after another day of just trying to deal with it I drove myself to the hospital to ask what to do. When they saw me they gave me a shot of some medicine to relax me and next thing you know I'm in a padded room. Funny now, not at the time. Tried to explain I wasn't crazy , had a job, was taking it legally etc. as they're telling me "yea yea sure we're going to hold you for 48 hours". Sat there for a few hours before another doc came in and talked to me. I explained the situation and was able to convince him I was totally sane. He called my mom and confirmed my story snd they released me to her like 20 mins later.

It took probably 6 months for me to sleep normally again. Stuff is garbage. But hey, it's legal, right Disabler!!!

. Wow, that is crazy!! That had to be a bit scary, but I guess yiu knew why it was happening. Funny thing is I was prescribed the Ativan and the Ambien to help get off the pain meds years ago. Now I'm back on the pain meds, and still taking the Ambien and Ativan. Probably not the best combination, but I have a pretty high tolerance.

How do you continue to be on this stuff for years?  Docs just keep prescribing it?  Or do you get some of it on the "street"? Been both over the years. Everything but the pain meds, I have valid prescriptions for, and I could have prescriptions for those from pain management in Denver if I was still there. But I'm not,, so I don't.