What medications do you take regularly?

IAG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So easy. I got increasing amounts of Oxy for 3+'years and could have continued as long as I wanted most likely. I had a reasonably bad back injury and was virtually disabled but there was still zero need for that much pain medication. Was getting 120 80mg oxy pills + 90 oxytocin a month.

Wow.  My doc would not even let me refill my 325/5mg hydrocodone pills after 1 refill.   Thought I could become "addicted".  He's probably right though.   :laugh

Been though this as well.

If you do choose suboxone (I did) only take it for a few days. I took a whole 2mg film first day. Took 1/4 of one 2nd day and a tiny piece the 3rd day. Felt mild withdraws for a few days but was 100% able to function. Trust me on this. Getting off long term sub is wayyyyy worse and takes longer than any opiate.

Getting tired, but I will tomorrow type you my prior experience with Suboxone, which was very positive. I had zero problems tapering from It down to nothing. I know many people think about it as you do, , but it was a lifesaver for me. I love it and if there were more people that could prescribe it here, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Getting tired, but I will tomorrow type you my prior experience with Suboxone, which was very positive. I had zero problems tapering from It down to nothing. I know many people think about it as you do, , but it was a lifesaver for me. I love it and if there were more people that could prescribe it here, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Yup, know how hard it is to get.

Luckily for me there are a few docs in my area that did.

sober 35 days. off benzos 10 of those.....sleep is still choppy but getting better

this time its for real

. Good for you! I never had an issue with alcohol really ( other than binge drinking some in college and beyond,Once I started on pills, no real desire for booze) But I know they both are hard to kick..so admire anyone with the courage to undertake it.

Posted this before, but I took Xanax for a few years prescribed for sleep (2mg at bedtime). Decided I was sick of it and wanted to try to sleep naturally again. Tapered and stopped taking them after a week or 2. First day fine but couldn't sleep. 2nd day I was seeing "shadow people" out of the corner of my eyes. Felt my teeth rotating in their sockets. Couldn't eat. Couldnt think straight. Finally after another day of just trying to deal with it I drove myself to the hospital to ask what to do. When they saw me they gave me a shot of some medicine to relax me and next thing you know I'm in a padded room. Funny now, not at the time. Tried to explain I wasn't crazy , had a job, was taking it legally etc. as they're telling me "yea yea sure we're going to hold you for 48 hours". Sat there for a few hours before another doc came in and talked to me. I explained the situation and was able to convince him I was totally sane. He called my mom and confirmed my story snd they released me to her like 20 mins later.

It took probably 6 months for me to sleep normally again. Stuff is garbage. But hey, it's legal, right Disabler!!!

Was on it prescribed for 18 months about 12 years ago, 4 mg a day, not huge but enough.  I think I am the only person I know that somehow didn't have withdrawals from the Xany.  It wasn't a huge taper job either. 

That drug is evil though, be wary people, I have heard absolute horror stories coming down from that, as posted here 

IAG with the instant platty.  

Drugs are a hot topic on an gambling forum.

I wasn't even targeting drugs of that nature. It just so happens that those are the ones I take. I was just curious about me types of ailments that aging gamblers get. Looks like it has potential though, too bad I'm about to fall asleep and will have to wait till tomorrow probably for reading the rest of the replies. Zzzzzzzzz