Pick MLB teams help a Wounded Warrior *AmericasBookie.com added $250 Mofome $100 Yanks $50

KingRevolver

http://www.cowgirlchicks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dimages.jpg

First off, I'd like to thank AmericasBookie.com for coming through with $250 cash for this contest. It will be added to the total pot.

I also want to thank Mofome for coming up with the idea of doing a contest for soldiers, and thanks to Boat for helping me put this together.

How contest will work:

Contest will run for three weeks

Each poster will PM me their choice of 5 MLB teams- ranking them from favorite (#1) to less favorite (#5)

You get a point for every run your list of five teams makes

The poster with the most points wins HALF the pot, and the other half goes to the Wounded Warrior Project in their name

Any rainout, or game postponement (outside the three weeks of the contest)... means one thing for you- tough luck

You can have up to three entries

In case of a tie, the tiebreaker: Poster with the most runs scored by their favorite (#1) team, if still a tie, we'll go to team #2 and so on

How payment will work:

$55 via PayPal using the Purchase Option [No Friends/Family Payments]

The extra $5 is being used to cover fees both ways- receiving it and then sending it to winner

I'd love to get this started within a few days, but won't set a deadline just yet. If you're in, please say so, and I'll send you the info.

Any questions- please ask now. Thank you.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest boatboatboat

Come on people

It was suggested that we gauge interest prior to actually running this contest.

I waived that off saying "geez we will have over 30 paid entries. $250 added to the pot (now $350). Players can take 3 min to fill out entry or spend 5 hours researching if they want. No picks to make each day, AND IT SUPPORTS THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BE WOUNDED FIGHTING FOR US"

What's not to like

Limit 3 entries per poster. $55 each

Jump in here guys..........................

Guest boatboatboat

I'll send out the info today, but hopefully more people are signing-up.

I would suggest you go ahead now and set a start and end date for the window of plays, so that those who have entered can do any research they are compelled to do

Guest boatboatboat

Confusing contest.

You pick 5 teams for 3 weeks to score the most runs?

Maybe saying when this will start would help drive some entries?

from post #1

Contest will run for three weeks

Each poster will PM me their choice of 5 MLB teams- ranking them from favorite (#1) to less favorite (#5)

You get a point for every run your list of five teams makes

A date will be announced soon. I assume it will start in the next 3-4 days. Kinger knew this was the slowest time of the season, and wanted people to have a chance to see.