Spankie - How's Keto life coming?

HarryCaray

I was only bothered the first 3 days.  And it was minimal.  Just mental cravings, no physical effects. 

Stories way overblown.  

Yep I feel great.  I am starting to really think that rice and pasta and shit was fucking my digestive system up for the past few years. 

You need to make sure and get some ingredients to make low carb bread/buns/rolls/hot dog buns/tortillas/nacho chips or you will never survive the cravings.

Unless you like veggies.  I like very few. 

Yeah, agreed on the faux-bread.  I will need it.

When you get some time I'd love to know what you're using to make the bread products.  Pre-mix from amazon, or from-scratch recipes?

I'm going to give this a shot this week:

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/zero-carb-boneless-buffalo-wings/

That pork grind breading is something i'll be trying out next week too. 

It looks good as fuk.  

I make it from almond flour and coconut flour, ton of recipes online diff variations.  

I like this one for burger/sandwich buns: 

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/11/12/Ultimate-Keto-Buns

Got a hot dog bun baking mold on the way so I can enjoy my favorite 4th of July snack. 

Where are you finding almond flour and coconut flour, and psyllium husk powder?  You order that shit off Amazon?

I couldn't find it at a couple grocery stores today.  I'm sure they have it Whole Foods but there isn't one close to me yet.

Spankie, can you have these ingredients?

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup smooth raw cashew butter at room temperature
  • 4 large eggs, separated (mine weighed about 9 ounces in their shells)
  • ½ to 2 tablespoons honey (use 2tbl if you plan to use if for sweeter dishes like french toast)
  • 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ cup almond milk
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt

Ok. I had bought 2 books from this lady because a friend of ours has to have special diet requirements and we have them over for dinner sometimes, so I wanted to be able to fix stuff for her. I haven't made this, but it is supposed to be very good for regular loaf/sandwich bread. I also made a chili that was great from her stuff. I can share some of the things if interested. 

Here's a link to the bread recipe in case you want to try it one of these days. 

http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/21/grain-free-white-bread-paleo-and-scd/

you lose weight because your body isn't fooled any longer that you are hungry.  Allows you to eat a lot less and feel good.  

This diet might not be for a lot of people but before you decide it's not for you, make sure to push really hard on it and go as long as you can.

Best thing ever in the beginning for me was mixing a half scoop of vanilla protein powder that was only about 2 carbs, with heavy cream.

Makes you think you can eat a lot of it but then you start to feel sick and then your body realizes you don't need to eat that much.  The fat in the heavy cream is very good on making you full without eating that much. 

I highly recommend this diet to everyone who needs to lose a lot of weight instead of joining the gym.  Do not join the gym until you have proved yourself for 6 months losing weight on this diet.  Otherwise your knees/legs will suffer from being too heavy first day/first few weeks joining at the gym without dieting.

Once you have proven yourself on this diet, you can start working out.  There will come a point where you are working out but not getting enough energy and feeling weak but that's ok, do what you need to do to get that energy and that might include eating some carbs if you want to gain mass muscle but that's way far down the road.

Love eating meats and cheese off this diet too, i can go about 1200 calories in 1 sitting without thinking or needing to eat about 6-8 hours apart.

• 2 weeks later...