Anyone have a PITBULL?

FISHHEAD

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The breed is very misunderstood... Blame the owners... Had a doberman, shepard, my pitt was the best dog out of all them. Got her from a local breeder while I was in college ...Socialize is the key, very loyal brand... Pitts raised right are awesome dogs... My pitt was around tons of people and I trained her so I never had any issues, My mom had a deaf pitt and never had any issues just got to train the dog... My friend was a trainer for police dogs malinois, sheppards, his pitt was just as good ... He would take her to local children hospitals she,was a therapy dog... He tried to stop the hate on the breed and blame owners, hell one girl I was seeing had this pickensie dog he was the devil damn thing would always try to bite me.... So dogs are dogs, can't blame the breed just the owners...

Frog Fries is spot on.... Been rescuing dogs for 20 years. Chows have a bad rap as well they paid us to take them 8 week old brother and sister.. Molly and Max... Right on about the territorial part very protective about their house and the lot it sits on... But if one comes up to house with me and my wife most loving dogs there was... Any way, we lost Max at 14 with lymphoma and man was that tough, Molly live to be 18 and finally passed at 18 this past April... FH... Your attention please... A dog needs your attention more than you will come to realize, so be ready to slow down a little.. Take her for a daily walk early morning or late night the pavement is HOT in Vegas during the day....

We have just adopted two more Maxine, little girl sweet as she can be and another boy Bailey, a boxer lab mix and he is full of piss and vinegar...

Good luck on your new friend and that's what she will be, your best friend.... You will learn real fast you love and like your dog better than most people... GOOD LUCK!!!!!

For the most part a great dog however in my experience they can become very unpredictable. My son brought one home from college and he was great dog but after a year or so his behavior changed overnight and he became very aggressive, nipped me a time or 2 and nipped my daughter. We'd been taking him to the local pit bull club (Brew City Bully Club) because I was concerned when he was first brought home and wanted to learn more about the breed because I heard all the horror stories about them, the people there noticed the change in temperament and after telling them about his recent behavior they advised me to put him down which I had to unfortunately do because my then wife was starting to babysit daily for our grandson.

Very tough decision and tried unsuccessfully to get him rescued but no one at that organization would touch him after we told them he nipped us a couple times. They said once they start that behavior, there is no turning back. Said that it was possibly due to poor breeding?

For the most part a great dog however in my experience they can become very unpredictable. My son brought one home from college and he was great dog but after a year or so his behavior changed overnight and he became very aggressive, nipped me a time or 2 and nipped my daughter. We'd been taking him to the local pit bull club (Brew City Bully Club) because I was concerned when he was first brought home and wanted to learn more about the breed because I heard all the horror stories about them, the people there noticed the change in temperament and after telling them about his recent behavior they advised me to put him down which I had to unfortunately do because my then wife was starting to babysit daily for our grandson.

Very tough decision and tried unsuccessfully to get him rescued but no one at that organization would touch him after we told them he nipped us a couple times. They said once they start that behavior, there is no turning back. Said that it was possibly due to poor breeding?

That's the thing.  A pitbull can maul your grandkid.  A cocker spaniel can't.

They are animals...... They are unpredictable.

If -FH- was a home owner the insurance company would raise his rate if he owned one.  TTP check in plz.

-FH- .....You check with your landlord yet to see if he allows dogs?  or did you just ask a loaded question knowing you would get these kind of responses.

That's the thing. A pitbull can maul your grandkid. A cocker spaniel can't.

They are animals...... They are unpredictable.

If -FH- was a home owner the insurance company would raise his rate if he owned one. TTP check in plz.

-FH- .....You check with your landlord yet to see if he allows dogs? or did you just ask a loaded question knowing you would get these kind of responses.

Just like Guns... Just sayin...