My 7 Favorite Las Vegas Restaurants

GreenDoberman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat and Carson Kitchen are both downtown.  One block from each other.

Weera Thai and Herbs and Rye a stone's throw from the Strip on Sahara.

Other three are on West side of town.

There are some good to great restaurants on the Strip, but I try to stay away from that shit-show and dollar for dollar the value is rarely there compared to more out of the way places.

Not necessarily the best, but my favorites for quality and value.  Note none of them are located on the Strip.

7. Marche Bacchus

6. Weera Thai

5. Eat

4. Herbs and Rye

3. Carson Kitchen

2. Hiroyoshi Sushi

1. Other Mama

Honorable Mention:

Vintner Grill

Bazaar Meat

El Dorado Cantina

The Goodwich

Very solid list.

Thoughts on Echo and Rig? 

Ever been to Nattaya's for Thai?

I don't do steak a whole lot so never been to Echo and Rig.  Read mixed reviews on it.  The Mexican joint, Leone Cafe, and the wine bar are the top choices for me in the cursed Tivoli Village.

Nattaya's is good.  I prefer Weera and Chada for my Thai fix though.  Le Thai downtown is surprisingly good as well.

Unless they have recently lost it, every time I've been to Carson Kitchen I have had a cocktail or two.  Last time I was there was February though I believe.

I went on a couple dates with Fishhead and ate at Oscars. I really like that place.[/quote

Excellent venue

Appetizer happy hour a great value and many of the appetizer offerings are excellent.......for the main course recommend "Joeys filet" or "Sally's NY strip" both have always been fantastic when ordered.......best steakhouse downtown IMO, followed closely by the GN

BBB recently went there for their happy hour appetizers, perhaps he will post a video of his experience if he stumbles upon this post.

I went on a couple dates with Fishhead and ate at Oscars. I really like that place.[/quote

Excellent venue

Appetizer happy hour a great value and many of the appetizer offerings are excellent.......for the main course recommend "Joeys filet" or "Sally's NY strip" both have always been fantastic when ordered.......best steakhouse downtown IMO, followed closely by the GN

BBB recently went there for their happy hour appetizers, perhaps he will post a video of his experience if he stumbles upon this post.

We were fortunate to have a different blonde with us both times.