If app state beats tennessee is it....

Smoke

Michigan was around a 25 point favorite in the game if I remember. App St was really strong that year with Edwards at QB, and that ended up being a decent but overrated Michigan team. It wasn't nearly as big an upset to gamblers as it was to the media and causal fans.

The Stanford win at USC a few weeks later was a much, much bigger upset. 41 point dogs maybe?

Mich was fav ov 30 in that game

A bigger upset than them beating michigan at the big house?

I would say yes because I don't think michigan was ranked at the time

:lebrick :deemer

I would say no because Michigan was a 35 point favorite in that game. That upset, if not the most shocking, was in the top three of the biggest I have ever seen.

Mich was fav ov 30 in that game

Maybe you're right, I know we did not book the game in Vegas, almost no one in town if any booked any games involving 1-AA teams. I do remember for sure that the USC game a few weeks later had a much higher spread and received much less attention.

BTW unbelievably bad clock management at the end of this game by App St not calling their timeout on third down and letting the clock run out. Inexcusable.