**ebay has good deal on platinum bars HURRY

milwaukee mike

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah my platinum bars say platinum on them and are only 1 ounce  :laugh

maybe if i had a million bucks worth i would want to be 100% sure it was legit

lol I knew I should have said without reading it.  I have been reading up on platinum.  It seems crooks aren't into counterfeiting them like they are silver and gold.  I wonder why?  Seems you could get away with it easier with platinum. 

I guess we know this is real right?

Michael, can you tell the difference between silver and platinum by just looking at it?

Yeah. How does someone with zero experience with platinum know it's real? This looks to be a reputable company. I haven't opened the box yet, but perhaps it contains some sort of certification...not that someone couldn't fake that.

How does eBay charge the sellers? I've sold things, but never really paid much attention I guess. Do they charge more if the purchaser pays by credit card? It did not change my price, and I think I will get points on the card. Purchase also got me over my spending limit on new Amex card for 50,000 points. Sweet.

Edit....just read above,

In other news, I was just offered $150 for a clock I bought at a garage sale for five dollars.

lol I knew I should have said without reading it.  I have been reading up on platinum.  It seems crooks aren't into counterfeiting them like they are silver and gold.  I wonder why?  Seems you could get away with it easier with platinum. 

platinum isn't readily available like gold/silver... almost no coin shops carry it and almost nobody collects it

so maybe the market is just smaller, making it harder to be a crook in it

Well I got my platinum bar yesterday and the first thing I noticed is it is smaller than silver.  Platinum is a very heavy metal.

I didn't have to sign for mine, it was sitting in my mailbox.  How can they send a $1000 piece of platinum and not require a signature?  What if I never got it?  What is stopping someone (other than morals) from claiming they didn't get theirs?

Well I got my platinum bar yesterday and the first thing I noticed is it is smaller than silver. Platinum is a very heavy metal.

I didn't have to sign for mine, it was sitting in my mailbox. How can they send a $1000 piece of platinum and not require a signature? What if I never got it? What is stopping someone (other than morals) from claiming they didn't get theirs?

My tracking order says mine didn't arrive

Wow. Postman rang door mail with mine and I had to put name, address everything...they were wrapped in a tightly wrapped box within a tightly wrapped box.

Can't believe they would put in a mailbox without signature. WVU is right...someone could just claim not to get theirs...seems like USPS would be liable. Sounds like a lazy mailperson.

Wow. Postman rang door mail with mine and I had to put name, address everything...they were wrapped in a tightly wrapped box within a tightly wrapped box.

Can't believe they would put in a mailbox without signature. WVU is right...someone could just claim not to get theirs...seems like USPS would be liable. Sounds like a lazy mailperson.

I wonder if the sender insured the packages?  I imagine they did so the insurance company would likely be on the hook.  Not sure if the USPO self insures or not, 

Reminds me of my neighbor. Last week she went into a new branch of her bank. Gave them an account number and asked for a $21,000 cashiers check ( house equity settlement to her ex husband) The young teller gave it to her without even asking for ID. Anyone who knew her account number could have cleaned her out, She did not report it, but she mentioned her concern to the teller who really had no response.

Reminds me of my neighbor. Last week she went into a new branch of her bank. Gave them an account number and asked for a $21,000 cashiers check ( house equity settlement to her ex husband) The young teller gave it to her without even asking for ID. Anyone who knew her account number could have cleaned her out, She did not report it, but she mentioned her concern to the teller who really had no response.

when i got robbed recently, counterfeit checks were made from my business account, the scumbags cashed 2 in the same day in milwaukee for about 5k... we have video footage at the office and the banks, fingerprints, id (almost certainly fake), etc but the police don't really give a shit

pretty sure i know one of the guys involved from the footage, police investigator actually said "we could speculate all day on who it is"... yeah or we could get them

when i got robbed recently, counterfeit checks were made from my business account, the scumbags cashed 2 in the same day in milwaukee for about 5k... we have video footage at the office and the banks, fingerprints, id (almost certainly fake), etc but the police don't really give a shit

pretty sure i know one of the guys involved from the footage, police investigator actually said "we could speculate all day on who it is"... yeah or we could get them

Wow. I didn't realize you were robbed. That sucks! In something like that, do you take the loss, or does the bank?

Wow. I didn't realize you were robbed. That sucks! In something like that, do you take the loss, or does the bank?

bank followed all their procedures (checking signature, taking fingerprint, etc) but they still will probably cover that

i highly recommend that people never carry a checkbook around in their purse, if a credit card gets stolen no big deal, but if your checkbook gets stolen with your purse you could lose thousands of dollars instantly... they will have signature from id

That's the problem with a lot of cops. They don't like to do any work. They should be putting criminals in jail.

bank followed all their procedures (checking signature, taking fingerprint, etc) but they still will probably cover that

i highly recommend that people never carry a checkbook around in their purse, if a credit card gets stolen no big deal, but if your checkbook gets stolen with your purse you could lose thousands of dollars instantly... they will have signature from id

Good point and I do carry mine around too...I'll have to stop that. Of course I'm in the 605. People are honest here..they don't generally steal, theyjust cut off nipples.

Hey on your receipts that accompanied the platinum, do they show an amount paid??. Mine doesn't have any totals. It says total order amounts "see totals above quote," but there are no numbers.

I accidentally ripped a small top right piece of the page off, but I don't think it would have been way up there.

I would like something showing what I paid for these.