***Important note for Mofo $1k***

tripp

No copying plays from your opponent. The rule hasnt been addressed yet and was brought to me by one of the contestants, but as of now you CANNOT take a play that your opponent has already posted

I was going to allow it as long as guys werent shady about how they were doing it but figured cant leave the door open for any possible shenanigans. So if your opponent posts Pats - whatever first you CANNOT play the Pats, even if the number has moved.

How? You each make 7 plays. There are hundreds of options over a football weekend.  :scratch

I have waited for Sunday to make my picks every week.  Up until today, this has not been against any rule that would make the competition unfair.

Today, I discover that of the 14 games remaining, my opponent has already picked 7 of those games.  That leaves 7 games for me to choose from.  And that is after my opponent gets to pick the 7 games that he likes - then I have to choose from the 7 games that he did not like.

This rule was posted one day after my opponent had already made his picks.

In no way can this be considered fair.  If I had known about this before the week began, then there would be no advantage to my opponent.  Right now, this rule out of the blue gives my opponent a huge edge.

This is your contest and you can make any rule you want - but this rule screws me, and anybody else that has yet to post their picks.

I have waited for Sunday to make my picks every week.  Up until today, this has not been against any rule that would make the competition unfair.

Today, I discover that of the 14 games remaining, my opponent has already picked 7 of those games.  That leaves 7 games for me to choose from.  And that is after my opponent gets to pick the 7 games that he likes - then I have to choose from the 7 games that he did not like.

This rule was posted one day after my opponent had already made his picks.

In no way can this be considered fair.  If I had known about this before the week began, then there would be no advantage to my opponent.  Right now, this rule out of the blue gives my opponent a huge edge.

This is your contest and you can make any rule you want - but this rule screws me, and anybody else that has yet to post their picks.

Even after you posted this you had a ton of ncaa plays to pick from. Your choice and your fault if you choose not to.

Also with 14 nfl games there are 28 choices (side/total). So if your opp took 7 nfl plays there are still 21 choices. And there is no rule about fading, so the opposite of his choices are also available

You are whining for no reason and making this out to be some big conspiracy against you. its a free contest provided by mo. 

This rule should be common sense but since one poster pm'd me asking about it early in the week I felt it necessary to make sure everyone was clear. If you dont check in till later in the week thats on you. 

Guest pocketrockets

Honestly I think this is pretty much common sense during the HEADS UP matches...   I always posted my picks early in the week, even in the elimination rounds, simply to get the best lines on games I thought it would move against me 

Is not like I did this to take advantage on my opponent, but as I assumed better to take my picks before he does, is common sense, mainly because I suck at NCAA but do well on NFL.

head to head rules do need different stuff at times. tripp made the rule change as soon as he could.

TRIP

is there some contest  rule first put out (obviously not being followed)  that every  pick of a game played the same day has to be in the exact  same post?  or something strange like that?  i dont think people are getting losses or DQs for breaking that rule.  is that no longer in effect by the grader?

not sure where the rules for this fun contest even are is there a link for that?    thanks again MO

Guest pocketrockets

head to head rules do need different stuff at times. tripp made the rule change as soon as he could.

TRIP

is there some contest  rule first put out (obviously not being followed)  that every  pick of a game played the same day has to be in the exact  same post?  or something strange like that?  i dont think people are getting losses or DQs for breaking that rule.  is that no longer in effect by the grader?

not sure where the rules for this fun contest even are is there a link for that?    thanks again MO

Well I do remember KR saying at the beginning of this that common sense was necesary and he was not going to write a lot of rules regarding this, and that if needed he or Mo would have the last word in issues like this.

Even after you posted this you had a ton of ncaa plays to pick from. Your choice and your fault if you choose not to.

Also with 14 nfl games there are 28 choices (side/total). So if your opp took 7 nfl plays there are still 21 choices. And there is no rule about fading, so the opposite of his choices are also available

You are whining for no reason and making this out to be some big conspiracy against you. its a free contest provided by mo. 

This rule should be common sense but since one poster pm'd me asking about it early in the week I felt it necessary to make sure everyone was clear. If you dont check in till later in the week thats on you. 

O.K.  This is the last of my whining.

It's "my fault" for not choosing to make picks earlier.  It's not"my fault" this rule was made at the last minute.

When I made my decision to wait, this rule was not in effect. 

I was not implying any sort of conspiracy.  A rule was implemented at the last minute that severely restricts my options.  I seem to be the only player in this position.

If pointing out how this last minute rule change has affected my chances of winning is whining, then please excuse my lapse of judgement.

Every point you make is absolutely true - if I had only known before the week began!!!