Will Robert Griffin III ever be an elite qb?

Brutus Buckeye

I saw him getting blasted on twitter and he had a couple of things to say about it. They doubeted him in hs, baylor, and for the heisman and now the nfl. He's saying he's going to prove all haters wrong lol. He should forget twitter and work on improving, the thing is he looks like he has peaked and is predictable to opposing defenses.

Depends what you mean by elite. I think there will be a time when he is a top 5 QB in the NFL, yes. Do i think he will ever be a Peyton, Brady, Rodgers type? No. But i wouldn't put Drew Brees with those guys either so it depends how picky you are being with the term elite

I don't think so. Years back i was a big fan of mobile QB's until my team started drafting them and i saw first hand how most are limited in the pocket. It is one reason i can't wait for Tennessee to get rid of freakin Jake Locker. The Titans spent four years with Vince Young then turn around and draft another mobile QB. This preseason rookie QB Zach Mettenberger is near the top in QB ratings and has completed 24 passes of 32 passes for 355 yards and a couple TD's. He already looks better than Locker and it is because Mettenberger is an accurate passer from the pocket.

I'm sticking with what I said after the trade was made. "This will be the worst trade in NFL history. So long Herschel Walker Trade. Three 1st rounders for RG III"

"Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

Follow

STL haul for RGIII: Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Rokevious Watson, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey,Zac Stacy, Greg Robinson

7:59 PM - 8 May 2014"