I come to your house and offer you a $100 dollar bill or you can wait 2 years and I will give you $500, what is your choice?

WVU

I come to your house and offer you a $100 dollar bill or you can wait 2 years and I will give you $500, what is your choice?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. I come to your house and offer you a $100 dollar bill or you can wait 2 years and I will give you $500, what is your choice?

• $100 bill right now
    • $500 in 2 years

Warren Buffet asks a similar question. If he could buy 10% of all your future earnings from the day you graduate college until death' date=' what would you take? He says almost everyone will sell for $500,000. When it comes to it people don't generally like to invest in themselves. [/quote']

I would take 500k in a heartbeat. Let's say I make I make 40k a year for 25 years, that's only 1 million. Woudln't taking 500k be the right decision?

I would take 500k in a heartbeat. Let's say I make I make 40k a year for 25 years, that's only 1 million. Woudln't taking 500k be the right decision?

How is $500k better than $1000K?

Is $12500 per year for 40 years better than $25000 per year for 40 years?

No to both.

Simple math here guys.

I think even Teddy understands this.

Well, for a lot of reasons, but I guess the first is that if you're just graduating college, make 40K a year and only need to work for 25 years you are really lucky. You'd only be like 47 when you retire.

How is $500k better than $1000K?

Is $12500 per year for 40 years better than $25000 per year for 40 years?

No to both.

Simple math here guys.

I think even Teddy understands this.

OP said it's 10% of future earnings. 10% of 1 million is 100k 500k is better than 100k