If penn state beats wisconsin

Smoke

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio St is in. Only path for Penn St to get in is for Clemson or Washington to lose. Actually they made need both of them to lose, no guarantee they get in over a 2 loss Colorado or Oklahoma.

But Penn State wins the big 10 and already beat Ohio state so they should be in instead of buckeyes

The goal of the playoffs was to get the four best teams in. So no matter what the outcomes this weekend, ask yourself who too four are? Those should be who gets in. This weekend games can change your mind but nevertheless it's the top four teams

if that was the case then tcu or Baylor would've been in a couple years ago

the goal of the playoffs is to create controversy and make a lot of money

how many people would watch/care about the pac 12 championship, big 10 championship, acc championship if there were no playoff implications?  first year of the big 10 championship (before the playoffs), they were PAYING PEOPLE $75 each to go, that's how little interest there was in it

The old school way when you had coaches and writers polls totally deciding who gets in would have had BIG champ PSU over Ohio St. Times have changed however, and we've realized that coaches and writers are pretty much clueless on which teams are better than which.

There is no way a two loss PSU gets in over a one loss Ohio St, absolutely none. Not that the odds (especially on futures) are the defining factor, but it's not a coincidence that Ohio St is a solid 2nd choice behind Alabama in the 2-1 range, while Penn State is still readily available at 60-1 here in Vegas.

The old school way when you had coaches and writers polls totally deciding who gets in would have had BIG champ PSU over Ohio St. Times have changed however, and we've realized that coaches and writers are pretty much clueless on which teams are better than which.

There is no way a two loss PSU gets in over a one loss Ohio St, absolutely none. Not that the odds (especially on futures) are the defining factor, but it's not a coincidence that Ohio St is a solid 2nd choice behind Alabama in the 2-1 range, while Penn State is still readily available at 60-1 here in Vegas.

Ohio state doesn't play another game so they can't lose their way out.  Penn State still has to win a big game and still only have maybe a 33% chance to get in as Big 10 champs.  Even still they would have to win the 2 playoff games in which they would be decent sized dogs.  That is the reason behind the 60-1 which still sounds short to me.

im playing NCAA FOOTBALL 2014 on ps3 and im in a similar position. i need northwestern lose its final game so that i can get into the title game against ohio state. but i really want northwestern to win to that i can just play my bowl game, finish in the top 10 of the nation and get to a better school next year

i want no part of OSU

Everyone else that's "in" now wins.  No.  I don't think they jump Ohio State

I think if Wisconsin wins and holds Penn State to a single digits, then they stand a chance to jump Washington

I see no way that Ohio State is out and Penn State or especially Wisconsin jumps them

Washington seems to be the odd team out if they decide to add another Big 10 over pac12 or acc champ.