Aqueduct

rdalert447

Fri 12/9/16

Skipping the huge carryover, but playing a couple early. After yesterday's perceived speed/rail bias, I'm hoping more jockeys gun it early and the speed types to be over bet, at least early in the card. That would work in favor of my two plays, who need some speed up front and a few other things to go their way:

Race 2

$20 WIN #1 Over My Head 30-1

$2 ex/bx 1-5

$2 DD 1,5/7

My man Morrison has had a rough year(3 for 60). He's usually a 10 to 12 percent guy with some nice bombs mixed in. I've been waiting for this one to run on the Inner, where she's had her best efforts. Encouraged that Morrison keeps her in NY instead of finding softer spots elsewhere. Boxing w/#5 Foxy Posse and playing a DD 1,5/7. I mentioned earlier in meet to toss Levine with his high profile owners and back with the smaller outfits. That clicked yesterday at 3-1. $28 bet.

Race 3

$20 WIN #7 Brolic 12-1

Ferraro off short rest so it's a must play for me. He's similar to Morrison in that they don't have a lot of horses so they disappear for months at a time. So when they have horses in circulation, I want to pay attention. He'll need some speed up front as well. $20 bet.

Good luck to all playing!

Record: 1 for 32, -$567

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wed 12/14/16

Playing three races today. I mentioned earlier how trainer Levine isn't getting any good ones from his main owners Repole and Valente, so I'm looking to play him with all other owners while he rebuilds. Three opportunities to test it out today:

Race 1

$20 WIN #2 No Tanx Blue Chip 5-1

Been betting this one all year unfortunately. Was involved in some odd trainer/owner moves from Rudy/Valente to Levine/Valente to now Levine owning the horse outright. Levine must think it could win if he purchased it privately. $20 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #1 Pretty Enuff 8-1

Horse didn't do much with Levine training, but since Valente moved her to Englehart they've won five in a row. Lol, poor Bruce... Keying in a $2 exbx 1/6,7,9, and playing a $2 DD 1/8. $34 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #8 St Peter's Bard 15-1. Levine moves him turf to dirt thankfully. Should be a huge number on the board. $20 bet.

Record: 2 for 35, -$554

Fri 12/16/16

Playing four races today:

Race 1

$20 WIN #1 Hokie Fever 5-1

Really encouraged by the show of speed last time out. Ferraro off short rest AND a speed/fade has been good to me over the years. Not interested in the 1a, so if Hokie scratches it's a no play.

Race 5

$20 WIN #4 Northern Screamer 2-1

First off the claim for Gargan/Midwest has been money in NY for the last year and a half. Hopefully get an odds drift. Also playing a $1 Pick Three 4/ALL/2. $33 bet, less after scratches.

Race 6

$1 Pick Three ALL/2/5. $13 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #2 Rockford 5-1

Another Gargan/Midwest first off the claim. $1 Pick Three 2/5/ALL. $30 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #5 Flick of an Eye 8-1.

Not Midwest owned, but Gargan has done great work with this horse all year. One of the few times we'll get Gargan at a price on the inner. $20 bet.

$116 in plays, that amount will go down after scratches. GL!

Sun 12/18/16

Playing three today:

Race 5

$20 WIN #5 Match Up 5-1

Gargan/Midwest shooting for three in a row with this one. Jockey carousel continues for an outfit that strictly used Carmouche last year. Hope the price stays as us.

Race 9

$20 WIN #8 Moon Over Montana 10-1

My Levine theory sprung a leak yesterday with him and Valente winning with a two year old. Still think the value is with Levine's "lesser" owners,

Race 10

$20 WIN #5 True Charm 30-1.

Ferraro off short rest AND dropping back into state breds. Any moisture left in track from yesterday is a bonus. Backwheeling for a buck in exactas.

$69 bet. Good luck to anyone playing today!

Record: 2 for 42, -$733

• 2 weeks later...

Thu 12/29/16

Break's over. Time to cut this figure down.

Race 1

$20 WIN #3 Love You Babe 20-1

Ferraro off short rest AND a drop down. $2 DD 3/6. His horses have been admittedly terrible lately, so proceed lightly.....

Race 2

$20 WIN #6 Foxy Posse 3-1

Levine for his less prominent owners. Odds drift would be welcome...

$42 bet

Record: 2 for 44, -$780