Aqueduct

rdalert447

Fri 12/30/16

Race 7

$20 WIN #10 Third Son 12-1

Besides a twenty dollar horse at Sar last Summer, Avila has been surprisingly quiet since his arrival in NY. I like when successful out of towners come to NY and have a little trouble early on. The bettors start dismissing them so I want to get on board now, hopefully at big prices.

$2 DD 1,8,10/1. $26 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #1 Changewilldoyougood 6-1

Since I started tracking Levine for owners other than Repole and Valente, results have been 2 W's for Valente, 1W for other owners, and 0 W's for Repole. A bit inconclusive so I'll stick with it a little longer. The one encouraging thing is the Valente winners went off at decent prices, which hasn't always been the case with that team. Seems like Levine is slowly getting his mojo back. $20 bet.

$46 bet

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat 12/31/16

Race 2

$20 WIN #10 Jay's Way 5-1

This is probably the only horse that Gargan/Midwest campaigned that hasn't found the winners circle in NY yet this year. Layoff is a concern, but how else would we get 5-1 with this team?? Some good back class if you do a little digging. $20 bet

Race 5

$1 Pick Three ALL/5,6/11

$18 bet.

Race 6

$20 WIN #6 Sabrina Ballerina 5-1

Sticking with Levine and his less prominent owners. Might have a little company on front end from the 5, but hoping she's the speed of the speed. $20 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #11 Here Comes Tommy 6-1

Was surprised to see this one as high as 6-1 off his last effort. Seems to set him up perfectly for a big late run here. But it's Morrison and Luzzi, so he may be ignored. $20 bet.

Race 9

$20 WIN #12 Zion Canyon 12-1

Levine owned and trained in a weak maiden claimer. Also keying in an exbx for $2 12/3,7.

$28bet.

$106 in total. Good luck to anyone playing.

Record 2-48, -$868

Mon 1/2/17

Race 2

$20 WIN #2 Dogtown 5-1

Gonna stick with Levine for less prominent owners. Hasn't been successful to this point but don't want to give up on it yet.

Race 5

$20 WIN #8 Cody's Notes 20-1

Horse gets back in with claimers, where it belonged in the first place for the under the radar Morrison.

Race 7

$20 WIN #12 Wisdom of Oz 20-1

There's two Levine entrants here, both for his lower profile owners. Lean to the longer price, better jock, and Gumpster stable. Will box with the other Levine in ex for $2(7-12).

Good luck!

2 for 52, -$974

Thu 1/5/17

Race 2

$20 WIN #5 Lisa's Secret 20-1

In a five horse field where the top three choices have serious question marks, gonna take a swing with a Finger Lakes shipper in decent form. IF something crazy happens up front and the three faves fall apart, this one may be fit enough to pick up the pieces. If you're hunting for longshots at Aqu, the Finger Lakes guys are a decent spot to look. A handful of them are sharp shippers and their horses seem to fit here this time of year, especially in the low level claimers. Keying in an exbx for two bucks, 5/3,6. $28 bet.

3-55, -$934

Fri 1/6/17

Playing a four bagger in an attempt to chop down my Redwood sized figure:

Race 4

$20 WIN #2 Little Mary Ellen 15-1 Levine for lower profile owners. He has another entered in the race, so I'll box the two Levines for $2(2-6), then play a .50c tri 2,6/ALL/2,6. $32 bet.

Race 5

$20 WIN #5 Not Taken 5-1

Caught an interview with Terranova in July and he sounded really high on this one. Horse has had zero wins since, so hoping he cleared up any problems during the layoff. $20 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #3 Monte Man 6-1

Terranova is a guy I like to stick with when his barn is rolling. He's started the year 1 for 2, so getting on board before the run starts. $20 bet.

Race 8

$20 WIN #4 Pretty Enuff 8-1

Horse won SIX STRAIGHT after Valente moved her from Levine to Englehart, yet the bettors let her go off at 8-1 last out. She ran great but settled for third. She'll be around that price again today. A horse that likes to win, from a sharp outfit, at a great price is hard to find this time of the year at Aqu, so I feel it's worth a bet. $20 bet.

$92 bet, chasing $962(3-56)

Sat 1/7/16

Race 6

$20 WIN #7 Best Play 7-1

Levine/Low profile owners

Race 9

$20 WIN #3 Blame the Thief 8-1

Hills doesn't run in NY much anymore, but he used to be dangerous here with his NY Breds like this one. Like the move back to Carmouche. I think it indicates they're gonna send to the lead.

3-60, -$1054

Thu 1/12/16

Made one play today:

Race 8

$20 WIN #3 Clowney 6-1

Farro doesn't ship to NY very often so I like to be involved when she does. I'd love to see her send an entire string here someday. I think she'd do well. Horse ran good after a brief layoff, now comes back on super short rest. Hoping the quick wheelback has him sharp off that last effort. Should enjoy the distance while others here may not, plus Esquivel is growing on me. Also playing a $2 Ex 3/1,2,6 and a $2 DD 3/1,3,4. $32 bet, chasing $1054.

Race 1

$20 WIN #7 Funny Surprise 20-1

Since Repole moved this one from Pletcher to J.Englehart, the horse has three places and a W in four starts. If you scroll up in the thread, you'll see Englehart did something very similar with a Valente owned horse, Pretty Enough, who ripped off six straight wins for him. Secret sauce? Who knows? But Englehart has a history of drastically improving horses new to his barn, so figure it's worth a twenty. Backwheeling in exactas for a buck as well. $28 bet.

Race 7

$20 WIN #1 Rockford 6-1

Still waiting for the Gargan/Midwest explosion at Aqu. Since it hasn't happened yet, prices on their horses remain generous. They're running good so far, just not quite good enough. Midwest has a history at Tampa with hockey Gallardo, and I don't think he's had a win for them here yet, so I think it's a matter of time before they put him on one that's LOADED. $2 Ex 1/2,3,7 and a big pick three reach for a buck, 1/ALL/4. $37 bet.

Good luck to all playing!

$65 bet, chasing -$1086(3-61)

Sat 1/14/16

Race 1

$20 WIN #1 Gamblers Ghost 5-1

Gargan's Midwest runners haven't been getting the job done here, so I'll try one for different owners. Horse ran great last out at Parx off a three month layoff. Parx is a very difficult place to win at on the lead, so to me his race off long rest there was impressive.The NYRA Pro's(Serling,Stone,Munick etc) make a habit of insulting Parx form, it's kind of become the thing to do with the In Crowd. Yes, the takeout there is terrible and the pools are tiny, but the horses are competitive when shipping and the trainer's are super sharp, in my opinion. Farro just missed here the other day, and both Linder and Reid have pulled big upsets here this meet. Ignore Parx form at your own peril. Keying in an exbx for $2 1/4,6. $28 bet.

Race 5

$20 WIN #5 Grasshoppin 20-1

Serey has been tearing Parx up the last couple of months. The alarm bells are probably going crazy in the NYRA VETS OFFICE, but maybe Serey catches them sleeping and sneaks a live one past them. Backwheel in Ex for a buck, ALL/5. $25 bet.

$53 in play, chasing the ugly record of 3-63, -$1150

Sunday 1/15/16

Race 4

$2 DD 1,4,5/5

$1 P3 1,4,5/5/8

Race 5

$20 WIN #5 Over My Head 10-1

Dont know if we'll get the 10-1 after some scratches, and I'll probably regret betting a horse like this who doesn't like to win, but his last few races he looked like he was poised to get over the hump. He didn't, but has been running good enough to keep me interested with the slight drop. Morrison is an old favorite of mine who unfortunately just does not get the good horseflesh anymore. He'll most likely be over looked here even with the scratches, so maybe goes off in the 7-1/8-1 range? Also playing a $2 DD 5-8.

$31 bet.

Record: 3-65, -$1173