Tennessee Titans are the hottest team in the NFL

Cop

Tennessee has beaten Green Bay,Detroit,Miami plus Denver and Kansas City back to back which is not easy being that those two teams are among the best in the league. I was most impressed with the victory against KC as the team was losing pretty much the entire game all the way until the final second when Titans kicked the FG for the win.

The Titans finished 2015 at 3-13. Vegas had them at 5 wins before this season.

From their first year in 1999 through 2011 the Titans had seven winning seasons,six postseason berths,three division titles,league best record twice and a Super Bowl appearance.

Afterward 2012 through 2015 was a nightmare due to hiring a bad GM and drafting a bust at QB.

This team has come a LONG way in a short amount of time. Which i credit to two things. Drafting a new QB, hiring a new GM.

First in 2015 the Titans drafted QB Marcus Mariota then not long afterward in the offseason getting ready for 2016 the team hired GM Jon Robinson out of New England.

The GM brought in some good players in free agency including RB Demarco Murray. He then swung a draft trade giving up the number one pick for a boatload of picks. Nearly all those picks are contributing.

In 2017 NFL Draft Tennessee also has two first round picks includes a potential top 5 draft pick that the Rams gave Titans in the big draft trade.

GM Robinson has done a stellar job as well as the coaching staff totally revamping the offensive line making it go from one of the worst to one of the best all in one offseason. Besides LT Taylor Lewan almost everyone was new including first round pick RT Jack Conklin,C Ben Jones was brought in free agency,G Josh Kline off waivers. Then they had a running game that also went from worst to first with RB Demarco Murray as well as second round pick Derrick Henry. The WR crew was revamped with Dorial Green Beckham traded, Justin Hunter waived,etc. In their places were free agent Rishard Matthews and fifth round pick Tajae Sharpe as both came in and did more than DGB/Hunter could even imagine. Matthews is among the leading receivers for TD's this season.

So the new GM in ONE offseason pretty much totally rebuilt that entire side of the ball. The Titans went from being ranked 30th in 2015 to 8th in 2016 in TOTAL OFFENSE.

So now we get to see if the Titans GM can do for the defense what he did for the offense.

Does anyone remember the odds on the Titans winning their division before the season started?

Astronomical.

But now with a franchise caliber QB and a really good GM i don't think we will be seeing them at the bottom of the division again for a while hopefully.

Vegas had the Titans at 5 wins before the season started i knew they would get at least 6 so i kept telling everyone bash the OVER but i could understand some people being a bit skeptical.