New England is going to gift wrap a playoff spot for the Dolphins

WVU

When they sit everyone week 17. Book it

Sitting everyone still means starting Jimmy G, who is much better than Matt Moore if thats who the Fins are starting the rest of the way

If Matt Moore is starting the rest of the year next week is the only game they are favs in and they arent favs by much id say @ new york. Although balt has tough matchups too the rest of the way 

Mat t Moore will be fine Tripp. Tannyehill cant play in buffalo anyway. Guy has been absolutely awful up here.

He isnt god awful as far as backups go but he also isnt good

I know Pitt is praying this happens. THey would love to get the 3 seed and get Miami WC weekend, even with losing to them earlier this year. 

Miami would be weakest of AFC playoff teams.

If NE can rest players and at same time allow the field they have to beat be weaker

Why not

Miami getting in really wouldnt be a good thing for NE though

Yes you can say as a whole the field would become weaker with miami in over Baltimore or Denver

BUT it would be very unlikely that Miami would play NE anyways. Most likely PIttsburgh is gonna be the 3 seed and theyd be heavy favs at home vs Miami. So all NE would be doing would be making it more likely Pittsburgh, who most see as NE's biggest threat in the AFC, moves on to the divisional round. Also would make NE more likely to play Oakland in their first matchup (assuming Oakland as the likely 5 seed is able to beat whoever comes out of the shitty South, Houston or Tennessee)

So i understand the quick thinking to say field is weaker and thats better for NE, but i think it makes the most difficult path for the Pats more likely to happen 

none of that matters really, tripp.  If NE has clinched then they will sit key players.  That is indesputable

I agree NE wouldnt really be thinking about all that, they will be thinking about injuries only which is smart on their behalf. Just was disagreeing with boats main point that Miami getting in is a benefit to NE. It would be better for them to get a team slightly better in, like Balt or Denver, that is more likely to take out Pittsburgh

I also think NE would beat Miami with Jimmy starting vs Matt moore. We shall see though

I agree NE wouldnt really be thinking about all that, they will be thinking about injuries only which is smart on their behalf. Just was disagreeing with boats main point that Miami getting in is a benefit to NE. It would be better for them to get a team slightly better in, like Balt or Denver, that is more likely to take out Pittsburgh

I also think NE would beat Miami with Jimmy starting vs Matt moore. We shall see though

NE doesn't win if they rest the safeties, corners, Oline, and Dline though

NE often finds theirselves in this type of scenario in week 17.  And it seems to me that they play the game and don't mass rest their talent.  I would not count on Brady sitting.  

Nor would I count on NE losing even if they rest their best players.  Pats are like the Spurs.  They will play hard and compete even if their stars sit.