OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

KingRevolver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take handouts  I work.

if you can find those uber or lyft signup bonuses it would be much more rewarding financially to you. guy who comes in my place a lot signed up as a driver and met the bare minimum to be considered active when they were giving away $500-$1000 signup bonuses. Not sure what's out there now, but much more rewarding than delivering food I think.

Girl I talk to who is waiting to pass her anesthesia nursing exam - whatever the f that exam is - has been forced to deliver for  a couple months to make some cash. she makes decent money working for grubhub/doordash type place, but she's always working 12 hours to get her money. 

if you can find those uber or lyft signup bonuses it would be much more rewarding financially to you. guy who comes in my place a lot signed up as a driver and met the bare minimum to be considered active when they were giving away $500-$1000 signup bonuses. Not sure what's out there now, but much more rewarding than delivering food I think.

Girl I talk to who is waiting to pass her anesthesia nursing exam - whatever the f that exam is - has been forced to deliver for  a couple months to make some cash. she makes decent money working for grubhub/doordash type place, but she's always working 12 hours to get her money. 

Yeah, you're probably right... but having a bunch of people get into my car just doesn't appeal to me.  I figured delivering food would be better, but maybe I'll give Uber a try just to see how I like it.  It wouldn't hurt trying it out, I guess.

Kinger why dont you buy a food truck.  Take some of grandmas recipes and sell enchiladas and tacos.

food trucks/restaurant business in general is not something i recommend to anyone who doesn't have a very good chef/cook already as well as someone who is very good with finance/numbers/projections/forecasting. 

one of the tougher industries out there because of all the competition. a lot of places bleed money for years before turning a profit. lots of hours, and very little reward the first year or two. if you survive the first couple of years, you can make a good amount (10% of your yearly revenue is solid) after you pay employees. eliminate most employees and work even more yourself and you can get that number closer to 20-30% for something like a food truck.

food trucks/restaurant business in general is not something i recommend to anyone who doesn't have a very good chef/cook already as well as someone who is very good with finance/numbers/projections/forecasting. 

one of the tougher industries out there because of all the competition. a lot of places bleed money for years before turning a profit. lots of hours, and very little reward the first year or two. if you survive the first couple of years, you can make a good amount (10% of your yearly revenue is solid) after you pay employees. eliminate most employees and work even more yourself and you can get that number closer to 20-30% for something like a food truck.

plus you can make money under the table by altering the books and paying less in taxes

Yeah, you're probably right... but having a bunch of people get into my car just doesn't appeal to me.  I figured delivering food would be better, but maybe I'll give Uber a try just to see how I like it.  It wouldn't hurt trying it out, I guess.

http://therideshareguy.com/uber-sign-up-bonus-for-new-drivers/

not sure about Phoenix, but E-Mail uber support and ask them what their sign-up bonuses are there. Usually they give you a decent chunk up front.