Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
1439 replies to this topic

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

Please post your experience.

I'm thinking about trying this out for a month to generate some income.

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 16298 posts
Do it and wear the camera glasses when you do.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

spankie

spankie

2016 Mo Didley Invitational Champion

• Members
  • 26048 posts

No but whoever delivers to me gets tipped well.  Wonder what the average tip is out there. 

Always feel like I tip too much.

He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.  -Socrates

The finer things in life are only fine if you share them.  -Spankie

barryrunsome

barryrunsome

• Members
  • 7625 posts

JFC

Never change you SILLY LIL ReTard. Promise us

:lebrick  :deemer

slyone66

slyone66

Rockstar

• Members
  • 19496 posts

wtf ,,,go get a gig bud on craigslist  :doh

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

Do it and wear the camera glasses when you do.

I'll get fired, but I would do it.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

Uber and Lyft seems like a pain in the ass... and you have to deal with fuckin' idiots being in your car.  Not interested.  Delivering food the way to go.

sleepy

sleepy

candy expert

• Members
  • 10475 posts

obama given money away and you want to work :laugh :laugh :laugh

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

JFC

Never change you SILLY LIL ReTard. Promise us

What's your fuckin' problem, pal?

spankie

spankie

• Members
  • 26048 posts

Kinger what do you tip on a $20 food order if the service was quick? 

He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.  -Socrates

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

obama given money away and you want to work :laugh :laugh :laugh

I don't take handouts, I work.

Timely Hitting

Timely Hitting

2 Fake Titles and thats the truth

• FFF
  • 15471 posts

So I usually tip $5 and I found out that it doesn't matter how much the order is... $5 is a good tip apparently. I saw something some driver put together in Chicago that had the average tip at about 3.50. 

spankie

spankie

• Members
  • 26048 posts

Jeez. I tip like $10 for every $20 ordered.  I guess I feel like they don't get paid shit. 

They are probably banking on tips. 

Timely Hitting

Timely Hitting

• FFF
  • 15471 posts

I don't take handouts  I work.

if you can find those uber or lyft signup bonuses it would be much more rewarding financially to you. guy who comes in my place a lot signed up as a driver and met the bare minimum to be considered active when they were giving away $500-$1000 signup bonuses. Not sure what's out there now, but much more rewarding than delivering food I think.

Girl I talk to who is waiting to pass her anesthesia nursing exam - whatever the f that exam is - has been forced to deliver for  a couple months to make some cash. she makes decent money working for grubhub/doordash type place, but she's always working 12 hours to get her money. 

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

Usually 15%... since it gives you the option of 10%, 15%, 20% or other.

Brick

Brick

• JFC
  • 7548 posts

Kinger why dont you buy a food truck.  Take some of grandmas recipes and sell enchiladas and tacos.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

if you can find those uber or lyft signup bonuses it would be much more rewarding financially to you. guy who comes in my place a lot signed up as a driver and met the bare minimum to be considered active when they were giving away $500-$1000 signup bonuses. Not sure what's out there now, but much more rewarding than delivering food I think.

Girl I talk to who is waiting to pass her anesthesia nursing exam - whatever the f that exam is - has been forced to deliver for  a couple months to make some cash. she makes decent money working for grubhub/doordash type place, but she's always working 12 hours to get her money. 

Yeah, you're probably right... but having a bunch of people get into my car just doesn't appeal to me.  I figured delivering food would be better, but maybe I'll give Uber a try just to see how I like it.  It wouldn't hurt trying it out, I guess.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 49157 posts

Kinger why dont you buy a food truck.  Take some of grandmas recipes and sell enchiladas and tacos.

:laugh

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Uncle D loves all his people

• Members
  • 20469 posts

Lotta competition out here in the Mexican Food Biz.  Market is oversaturated really. You have to stand out to make it. 

mike499

mike499

• Members
  • 1216 posts
Doesn't sound bad unless your having to negotiate stairs in apartments a lot

Timely Hitting

Timely Hitting

• FFF
  • 15471 posts

food trucks/restaurant business in general is not something i recommend to anyone who doesn't have a very good chef/cook already as well as someone who is very good with finance/numbers/projections/forecasting. 

one of the tougher industries out there because of all the competition. a lot of places bleed money for years before turning a profit. lots of hours, and very little reward the first year or two. if you survive the first couple of years, you can make a good amount (10% of your yearly revenue is solid) after you pay employees. eliminate most employees and work even more yourself and you can get that number closer to 20-30% for something like a food truck.

sleepy

sleepy

candy expert

• Members
  • 10475 posts

quit gambling away all your kick backs from the sponsor books and getting 3 girls a week from craigslist and maybe you wouldn't need to find a job

:bulb :bulb :bulb :bulb

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 16298 posts

Lotta competition out here in the Mexican Food Biz. Market is oversaturated really. You have to stand out to make it.

Kinger could wear his tighty whiteys while he serves the tacos and give chicks the option to pay w their soiled panties.

Would be a smashing success!!
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

sleepy

sleepy

candy expert

• Members
  • 10475 posts

food trucks/restaurant business in general is not something i recommend to anyone who doesn't have a very good chef/cook already as well as someone who is very good with finance/numbers/projections/forecasting. 

one of the tougher industries out there because of all the competition. a lot of places bleed money for years before turning a profit. lots of hours, and very little reward the first year or two. if you survive the first couple of years, you can make a good amount (10% of your yearly revenue is solid) after you pay employees. eliminate most employees and work even more yourself and you can get that number closer to 20-30% for something like a food truck.

plus you can make money under the table by altering the books and paying less in taxes

Timely Hitting

Timely Hitting

• FFF
  • 15471 posts

Yeah, you're probably right... but having a bunch of people get into my car just doesn't appeal to me.  I figured delivering food would be better, but maybe I'll give Uber a try just to see how I like it.  It wouldn't hurt trying it out, I guess.

http://therideshareg...or-new-drivers/

not sure about Phoenix, but E-Mail uber support and ask them what their sign-up bonuses are there. Usually they give you a decent chunk up front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users