Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

po69

po69

Mooderator

• Members
  • 4044 posts

Question kinger.

When I looked at the postmates site I checked it for Houston. I noticed that for around 40 restaurants the postmates charge was $3.99.

if you delivered using one of those deals then your cut would probably be around $2.50 right? I dont understand how you actually could make $6.00 per delivery from postmates. What would have been the charge from postmates for the customer? Like $10??  If that is the case then that right there is why you are not getting tipped, From a charge that high it would appear that tipping is included.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 44063 posts
I've never gotten less than $4.10 for a delivery.

Not 100% sure how Postmates works it, since I haven't used them in a long time, but I know there are a couple of charges.

po69

po69

Mooderator

• Members
  • 4044 posts

Well even at $5 a delivery you are not doing that bad if you dont have to drive over 20 miles roundtrip.

But now i see why people are not tipping that much. They are paying alot already for the delivery. has anyone given a cash tip yet?

po69

po69

Mooderator

• Members
  • 4044 posts

Have you ever heard of Zipps Sports Grill? It is in Scottsdale

I may travel to Phoenix just so you can deliver some food to me. I will have my cameras rolling too

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 44063 posts

Well even at $5 a delivery you are not doing that bad if you dont have to drive over 20 miles roundtrip.

But now i see why people are not tipping that much. They are paying alot already for the delivery. has anyone given a cash tip yet?

Offered twice, but I turned it down because we're not supposed to take cash tips. I told both of those people that instead, what I would prefer would be if they gave me a good rating! They both said absolutely, and tipped me on the app.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 44063 posts

Have you ever heard of Zipps Sports Grill? It is in Scottsdale

I may travel to Phoenix just so you can deliver some food to me. I will have my cameras rolling too

OK...

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 44063 posts
I can tell PO wants to give this delivering food thing a try. :laugh

You and Deemer have asked me the most questions about it.

JTGAMBLE

JTGAMBLE

Scramblin Gamblin

• Members
  • 3332 posts

Have you done this smoked out high yet Kinger?

po69

po69

Mooderator

• Members
  • 4044 posts

I couldnt do it in my hometown if I wanted to.

it isnt offered anywhere around here. But hell, we dont even have a city bus system. Everyone has a car and can just drive and pick up the food. the ONLY people who wouldnt have transportation are the ones that could never afford postmates in the first place.

That is weird how you cant accept cash tips. But when I go to scottsdale, I am going to ask for your personally within the order if i can 

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 13861 posts

I couldnt do it in my hometown if I wanted to.

it isnt offered anywhere around here. But hell, we dont even have a city bus system. Everyone has a car and can just drive and pick up the food. the ONLY people who wouldnt have transportation are the ones that could never afford postmates in the first place.

That is weird how you cant accept cash tips. But when I go to scottsdale, I am going to ask for your personally within the order if i can

You honestly might be retarded.

You really don't understand the concept of paying someone else to go get your food for you? It's called convenience.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users