OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

KingRevolver

Question kinger.

When I looked at the postmates site I checked it for Houston. I noticed that for around 40 restaurants the postmates charge was $3.99.

if you delivered using one of those deals then your cut would probably be around $2.50 right? I dont understand how you actually could make $6.00 per delivery from postmates. What would have been the charge from postmates for the customer? Like $10??  If that is the case then that right there is why you are not getting tipped, From a charge that high it would appear that tipping is included.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well even at $5 a delivery you are not doing that bad if you dont have to drive over 20 miles roundtrip.

But now i see why people are not tipping that much. They are paying alot already for the delivery. has anyone given a cash tip yet?

Offered twice, but I turned it down because we're not supposed to take cash tips. I told both of those people that instead, what I would prefer would be if they gave me a good rating! They both said absolutely, and tipped me on the app.

I couldnt do it in my hometown if I wanted to.

it isnt offered anywhere around here. But hell, we dont even have a city bus system. Everyone has a car and can just drive and pick up the food. the ONLY people who wouldnt have transportation are the ones that could never afford postmates in the first place.

That is weird how you cant accept cash tips. But when I go to scottsdale, I am going to ask for your personally within the order if i can 

I couldnt do it in my hometown if I wanted to.

it isnt offered anywhere around here. But hell, we dont even have a city bus system. Everyone has a car and can just drive and pick up the food. the ONLY people who wouldnt have transportation are the ones that could never afford postmates in the first place.

That is weird how you cant accept cash tips. But when I go to scottsdale, I am going to ask for your personally within the order if i can

You honestly might be retarded.

You really don't understand the concept of paying someone else to go get your food for you? It's called convenience.

Can't believe this fuckin' crap!  4.5 weekly rating, which brings my overall rating to 4.7

If you fall below 4.7, you basically get the boot!  You have to go into the office, and they talk about how you can improve, blah, blah.  They give you one more shot after that, but that's it.

I can't believe I didn't get 5 stars across the board.  I was right on top of every delivery, and never late!

http://i.imgur.com/PrLRsSQ.png