FH: How did GEORGE RAVELING perform when he was IOWA head coach?

Fazzer

My favorite coach at Iowa was DR Tom Davis.  Up tempo - full court press the entire game.  Was a master at substitutions to do this - especially when the other team was shooting free throws.  After the first make he ran a guy over too late to get in but then on the 2nd make it stops the game and his sub gets in and they really have time to clamp on the press.

The press after made baskets was brutal to other teams at times.  Iowa makes a basket - puts press on gets a steal - makes the basket - puts the press on again!

George was noted for reading 100+ newspapers a day......used to walk by his office at Iowa and see stacks and stacks of papers at his office door.

This is true.  He was a huge proponent of reading.

I read a book chapter in which he outlined a plan anyone could use to read X amount of books per year. 

He could recruit the brothers.  He brought the Mini Michael Jordan to Iowa. Roy Marble.  Not my description.  

Hawks will never reach the apex when Ronnie Lester led them to the Final Four...on a bad knee.

He could have been one of the all time greats if he stayed healthy. He still played a few years in the NBA.

Fuk..I am old. I remember going to the Field House and only being able to see half the court as a steel beam was my right in the way.

The atmosphere was awesome though.  

The review you stated above is spot on.......as a tourist, would pass.

Try Sonoma Celler or the Mexican there......you love Mexican, so try that, definetly better than the Italian at Sunset.

The old Italian restaurant at sunset was very good, not this one......but haven't been to new one in three years, so perhaps it's improved.

The review you stated above is spot on.......as a tourist, would pass.

Try Sonoma Celler or the Mexican there......you love Mexican, so try that, definetly better than the Italian at Sunset.

The old Italian restaurant at sunset was very good, it this one......but haven't been to new one in three years, so perhaps it's improved.

:cheers