What the wildly biased and liberal media isn't saying about the inauguration photos

HenryHiII2

I will forgive you for your ignorance.  Enjoy the weather up there for the next 3 months.   :cheers

Actually been very mild the entire week where i live in Canada (typically very cold right now)

Been around 0-2 degrees (thats Celsius) most of the week after a week of around -15/-20 with wind chill

Canada in general not nearly as cold i dont think as people make it out to be. Summer is incredibly warm, Spring/Fall both very nice, only real bad weather is typically Dec-Feb, rest is just fine. But last couples years even Dec-Feb hasnt been that cold, at least in comparison (but global warming not real...)

let's just go ahead and add you living in the BEST area in the world to go along with everything else.

Don't be dumb.  Not even close to the BEST area in the world.  

Its far from a SHIT hole though.  There is a reason why so many people move here.  7 months out of the year it can't be beat.  Just gotta stay inside the other 5.   :laugh

Don't be dumb.  Not even close to the BEST area in the world.  

Its far from a SHIT hole though.  There is a reason why so many people move here.  7 months out of the year it can't be beat.  Just gotta stay inside the other 5.   :laugh

truth be told it's probably better than here.

We don't get enough sunshine.

Today the sun was out about 4 hours, it was the first time in over a week.

truth be told it's probably better than here.

We don't get enough sunshine.

Today the sun was out about 4 hours, it was the first time in over a week.

Been getting a bunch of snow and rain this winter in the west.  Really gonna help out the reservoirs.  Couple more winters like this and we will be out of the drought.  

Many parts of California are already out of the drought.  They have been getting pounded.  Bad drought wiped out in one winter in many parts.  Incredible. 

Would need to be reasonably close to Washoe County

Was actually about to PM you about this. Glad you saw this thread.

Washoe County goes all the way to the Lake so reasonably close means live around Incline Village or on Cali side and pop over if you need to. Unless it's really bad weather I think you can hop down to Reno from Mount Rose in an hour.  If they're going to give you more money to live in Tahoe maybe.  If you have to do stuff in Reno then I'd say fuck it.

Washoe County goes all the way to the Lake so reasonably close means live around Incline Village or on Cali side and pop over if you need to. Unless it's really bad weather I think you can hop down to Reno from Mount Rose in an hour. If they're going to give you more money to live in Tahoe maybe. If you have to do stuff in Reno then I'd say fuck it.

I'd definitely live on the Reno side since the tax savings alone for that would mean close to an extra $1k a month.

I'd definitely live on the Reno side since the tax savings alone for that would mean close to an extra $1k a month.

Ah yeah.  Live on the Nevada side.  And when you get bored in the summer time you just buy an intertube and float down the Truckee to Reno while youre getting hammered!

Ah yeah. Live on the Nevada side. And when you get bored in the summer time you just buy an intertube and float down the Truckee to Reno while youre getting hammered!

I'm tempted. I really am. Still have a few months to think about it and make a choice. The change in pay and serious reduction in a housing costs would let me save a shit ton of

Extra money.

Just not sold on whether I could deal with the lack of restaurants and culture. Than again, Bay Area is only 3-4 hours away.

Half the people in Tahoe are from the Bay Area anyway so still easy to do the weed gummies in the high country.  And you get to hang out with Computer Bob.  And how much do you need to go stand in line to buy a $6 croissant from Tartine anyway while watching dudes in dick socks strolling by.