Vacation ideas and suggestions

GreenDoberman

Have the following planned for the calendar year, any suggestions are welcome:

Washington DC- family trip mostly, familiar with area, already visited most touristy sites

New Orleans- first time visitor, big time foodie and drinker here, done some research already, unsure where to stay

Seattle- never been again, going to hit up Mariners game in summer most likely, food and drink spots, and music scene, seafood recommendations welcome

San Francisco/Bay Area-  been before, but will probably get car and visit offbeat spots, wine country, a few sites, and of course plethora of food options

San Diego- again repeat visit, focus on relaxing and probably hit up the microbrews and good seafood spots.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the following planned for the calendar year, any suggestions are welcome:

Washington DC- family trip mostly, familiar with area, already visited most touristy sites

New Orleans- first time visitor, big time foodie and drinker here, done some research already, unsure where to stay

Seattle- never been again, going to hit up Mariners game in summer most likely, food and drink spots, and music scene, seafood recommendations welcome

San Francisco/Bay Area- been before, but will probably get car and visit offbeat spots, wine country, a few sites, and of course plethora of food options

San Diego- again repeat visit, focus on relaxing and probably hit up the microbrews and good seafood spots.

New Orleans - I stayed down in the garden district last time I was there. Still close enough to walk to bourbon st but a lot less crazy. Highly recommend Cochon. I ate at acme , cafe du monde, and a few other new Orelans "institutions" and honestly Cochon was better than any of them. Very interesting food and drinks in a fun environment. Mothers for a sandwich is also a no brainer. Best po-boy I've ever had. Also worth going is to that fried chicken place Willie

Maes. A bit off end beaten path but worth it.

Plenty of strippers and whores if that's your thing. You can always easily procure drugs in the smaller non brand name strip clubs.

SF- don't even know where to begin. Give me some better ideas of what you like for food. Since tou said off the beaten path. You might enjoy driving from SF over to highway 1. Views are incredible. Maybe drive down to half moon bay and have lunch at Sam's chowder house. Or over at the Ritz.

San Diego - was just there recently and enjoyed staying down near the gas lamp. I'm sure guys like Peavy can help you out here.

Good info from Joey.  I may hit up Wine Country and am thinking of going to the East Bay.  Is Chez Panisse worth the trip out there?  I'd also like to visit Stanford, Cal, and St. Mary's.

Also is anything worth seeing south like in San Jose.   I have done the drive up the PCH from LA and loved it.  Won't be doing it this time but would like to sometime, including all the way up to Washington State.

Most of the rest of you can't read.  I've already picked the cities I'm going to go to, just looking for places in those cities as suggestions.

Good info from Joey. I may hit up Wine Country and am thinking of going to the East Bay. Is Chez Panisse worth the trip out there? I'd also like to visit Stanford, Cal, and St. Mary's.

Also is anything worth seeing south like in San Jose. I have done the drive up the PCH from LA and loved it. Won't be doing it this time but would like to sometime, including all the way up to Washington State.

Most of the rest of you can't read. I've already picked the cities I'm going to go to, just looking for places in those cities as suggestions.

Yea Chez Panisse is still solid. I'd recommend just eating upstairs at the cafe and ordering ala carte.

Plenty of other equally good and better places in that price point all over SF.

Nothing wrong doing south of SJ unless you're willing to drive a few more hours to Cambria to see the Heart Castle. Could also go to Monterey.

Stanford Campus is incredible and would definitely recommend going to check it out. I miss working down by it. Used to take lunch time jogs around there and it's amazingly beautiful and peaceful compared to most the rest of the Bay Area.

i think some of you guys spend more time worrying what to do on vacation and planning the shit than actually going and having fun

For me, the research and planning is half the fun. I plan my trips down to every restaurant we eat at and every activity we do everyday. Many times, I'll already know what Im gonna eat every meal. No menu needed. Nothing worrisome about that. I enjoy it.