Merrill Lynch BofA CC ......$500 cash or 1k travel after just 3k spent

FISHHEAD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was eventually approved for the Berkeley travel plus card. 50,000 miles after spending 3K in three months I think...good for $500 travel credit. I don't know if it can be used for cash or not. Waived annual fee first year.

They did want to just use my current credit limit with them which was about $11,500 and put part of that on this card....probably because I took bonus then closed American airlines card two years ago and haven't even activated my current Frontier card with them.

Got rejection letter from Wells Fargo for having too many accounts opened in the last six months. That's fair. So last 6-9 mos or so...in order of application...

Amex gold ...approval.

Chase Sapphire reserve ...approval.

Bank of America (whatever card discussed here) approval

Capital One Ventire card...denied for not carrying any significant balances...(huh?)

TD Ameritrade card. Approval

Wells Fargo something or other...denied...too many new accounts

Barclay Travel plus...approved but did so shifting credit limit another account..

I'm done for a while. Going to get organized and try to maximize bonuses, and I have to get these sign up requirements done before I go on to anything else.

what the interest rate at merrill

If you're worried about the interest rate, don't even bother

One month of not paying statement balance in full will negate all earned rewards

No one should be applying for any of these rewards cards, if you're unable to pay the bill in full every month

Also reward cards always come with a very high interest rate. That's how they're able to give this and give that away. Off the backs of the brokedick fucks that don't pay in full every month

Forgot to update.  Got my card Friday.  10k credit only (not as big a baller as the rest of you.  Perfect timing though.  Going on a cruise and the payment was due tomorrow.  Put the 4k on on the card meeting their terms and will payoff as soon as i get the bill.

Thanks for the free flight Fish 

Liberals always looking for free stuff, JFC

Forgot to update. Got my card Friday. 10k credit only (not as big a baller as the rest of you. Perfect timing though. Going on a cruise and the payment was due tomorrow. Put the 4k on on the card meeting their terms and will payoff as soon as i get the bill.

Thanks for the free flight Fish

Impressive that the $300 travel rebate is pretty much instant too

Edit...talking about the chase sapphire

Impressive that the $300 travel rebate is pretty much instant too

Edit...talking about the chase sapphire

One thing about that rebate I'm wondering about. I got the card late last year and used that $300 rebate within a month or two. On my account, it says I can get one this year too. What happens if I get the second $300 rebate and cancel card before the annual card fee hits??  :lol

One thing about that rebate I'm wondering about. I got the card late last year and used that $300 rebate within a month or two. On my account, it says I can get one this year too. What happens if I get the second $300 rebate and cancel card before the annual card fee hits??  :lol

Try it and report back. I bet it would work.

One thing about that rebate I'm wondering about. I got the card late last year and used that $300 rebate within a month or two. On my account, it says I can get one this year too. What happens if I get the second $300 rebate and cancel card before the annual card fee hits?? :lol

Saw some other people talking about this on one of those card churning sites. It appears you can do this....it goes by calendar year. Wish I would've known that when I first got the card in fall/winter 2016!