Merrill Lynch BofA CC ......$500 cash or 1k travel after just 3k spent

FISHHEAD

So I got denial of the rewards points letter back from B of A. I understand there have to be deadlines, but this is some b.s. Given the specifics. I doubt anyone even read the details of the message she submitted, as the letter was totally generic.

Not sure it is worth the time to call again, or just let it go and cancel the card. It's not the end if the world, but $200 is $200. They probably see I haven't used the card since getting to the required spending amount, so probably figure I am a churner and they won't make any money of me. ...which would probably be true. I like to use Chase most of the time.

Get Billiam on the case!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You live and learn, as long as you didn't buy stuff you dont need to meet the spending requirement, you're not out anything.  Next time dont even let it get close. There's lots of good offers out there, I did the SW airline one last year(50000pts), that will prob get me 4 round trips to vegas or wherever.

i would try again IAG, but if they deny you, cancel that card(and tell them why).

You live and learn, as long as you didn't buy stuff you dont need to meet the spending requirement, you're not out anything.  Next time dont even let it get close. There's lots of good offers out there, I did the SW airline one last year(50000pts), that will prob get me 4 round trips to vegas or wherever.

iwould try again IAG, but if they deny you, cancel that card(and tell them why).

If it were just the $5 away from the clear deadline I would understand, but making it all within the date of approval on their email....the rep totally sided with me, but I suppose slippery slope for them if they guve an inch. ...live and learn. Time to hit up next offer lol. Buy some bitcoin.

Sometimes telling them that you want to cancel, they will ask why and if you tell them they give you a different promo like, if you spend x amount we'll give you x amount of points and etc.

Chase is the best when it comes to these "problems" you run into. Chase even matches offers if it's a public offering.. Say u signed up for 20K points, but 3 weeks later they offer 30K poijnts as long as it's publicly offer they match it within i think 2 month of when u opened it.

Amex is pretty descent to when it comes to these..

BOA... not so much.

But I'd tell them you want to cancel teh card and when they ask why tell them, and see if they can offer something for you,.

• 3 weeks later...