The Curse of Oak Island

sleepy

Next weeks episode "One of Seven" states The Laginas and their partners make Incredible Discoveries at the Money pit and Smith's cove.

Anyone want to bet that these incredible discoveries will be more coconut fibers, odd shaped rocks or wooden planks?

What a dumb show. Four years of searching for treasure, millions of dollars spent and I have more loose change hidden in my couch than they have discovered.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think at anytime there was treasure there?

no

whats to say that those original duses could have just faked the discovery of those gold chain links and paper scraps they drill up to get more investor money.

I don't think any pirates or what ever in the 1700's are going to go to that extent to hide a treasure. Digging a hole 200' deep and booby trapping it with flood tunnels.

Much easier and safer to hide it in 10 different locations

Guest boatboatboat

no

I don't think any pirates or what ever in the 1700's are going to go to that extent to hide a treasure.

Yea

He'll we can't dig that deep now, and I'm to believe in 1700 30 guys with eye patches, 1 arm dug that deep with bamboo shovels

Anybody have any idea what kind of income dumps in from the tv show?  Absolutely no idea what keeps them going.  The box drains should have been coffer dammed and plugged a long time ago - the heck with the wells - stop/get rid of the sea water draining in and scoop the rest of that place out .

If somebody was going to come back and get something - how would they have got it - got by the booby traps themselves??? Hate to admit it but I tape it and watch it every week.  But, then again I watch gold rush and Bering Sea gold as well.

Anybody have any idea what kind of income dumps in from the tv show? Absolutely no idea what keeps them going. The box drains should have been coffer dammed and plugged a long time ago - the heck with the wells - stop/get rid of the sea water draining in and scoop the rest of that place out .

If somebody was going to come back and get something - how would they have got it - got by the booby traps themselves??? Hate to admit it but I tape it and watch it every week. But, then again I watch gold rush and Bering Sea gold as well.

Gold rush is great.

I watched billion dollar shipwreck too

same thing ship on bottom of ocean with a billion dollars in it

but they can never find it

That's shit is real though. It's so hard and dangerous to search wrecks and things have been buried after all the years. It's still more expensive to fund the search than the tons of money found down there usually. Read some long piece about that because it's really interesting. I'll look for it.

Yea

He'll we can't dig that deep now, and I'm to believe in 1700 30 guys with eye patches, 1 arm dug that deep with bamboo shovels

This is my biggest issue with the show, bunch of guys using hand tools carved out all these intricate tunnels 200 feet below ground. Add in the fact that winters are harsh there, ground would be frozen many months out of the year, would've taken decades.

The worst part is the vocal inflections by the narrator, makes it sound like every piece of wood they find is some major discovery.

I doubt they find shit, island has been torn to hell and back and no one ever finds anything of value. At least those Treasure Quest Snake Island people found that gold mask worth a couple hundred thousand at the end of last season.

Hate that Jack Begley guy, always willing to do the shit jobs just so he can be a part of the team. They say one more must die before the treasure can be revealed, I hope it's him.

Gold rush is great.

I stopped watching gold rush a couple years back, when you realize the hoffmans deliberately do dumb things because it's good TV, it kind of takes the fun away. that and all the contrived problems with the equipment(nothing ever works, it's always a struggle) ruined it for me. real gold miners might spend most of the summer just digging and cleaning out, bringing in similar amounts of gold every week, but that's not good tv.

Then you factor in that  they're getting tens of thousand(prob more)s per episode, you realize they really aren't on the verge of bankruptcy.

I stopped watching gold rush a couple years back, when you realize the hoffmans deliberately do dumb things because it's good TV, it kind of takes the fun away. that and all the contrived problems with the equipment(nothing ever works, it's always a struggle) ruined it for me. real gold miners might spend most of the summer just digging and cleaning out, bringing in similar amounts of gold every week, but that's not good tv.

Then you factor in that  they're getting tens of thousand(prob more)s per episode, you realize they really aren't on the verge of bankruptcy.

We've done the math on the cost to operate the equipment - the gas prices they quote and all their rental equipment as well as the price they pay to build these wash plants - and it just doesn't add up. When they say they made 2 million in gold and celebrate, the cost to acquire that gold was 85% of that and they have to pay out 10 guys.

The Hoffmans undoubtedly are near bankrupt though. The show would have to pay them a million dollars for the season to break even. This year they are in the red near a million, and I doubt the show pays enough to recoup that. Todd Hoffman might be retarded; I used to think it might be on purpose, but now I just think he's retarded.

I do agree it's some fake drama at times, but the equipment for sure has issues; it's heavy machinery in the Klondike. The Beets crew is probably the most realistic group though; some stuff goes wrong, but they know what they're doing. I am convinced most of these guys - like the Beets - make the majority of their money renting their land to miners and taking their cut. No risk and all profit.

We've done the math on the cost to operate the equipment - the gas prices they quote and all their rental equipment as well as the price they pay to build these wash plants - and it just doesn't add up. When they say they made 2 million in gold and celebrate, the cost to acquire that gold was 85% of that and they have to pay out 10 guys.

The Hoffmans undoubtedly are near bankrupt though. The show would have to pay them a million dollars for the season to break even. This year they are in the red near a million, and I doubt the show pays enough to recoup that. Todd Hoffman might be retarded; I used to think it might be on purpose, but now I just think he's retarded.

I do agree it's some fake drama at times, but the equipment for sure has issues; it's heavy machinery in the Klondike. The Beets crew is probably the most realistic group though; some stuff goes wrong, but they know what they're doing. I am convinced most of these guys - like the Beets - make the majority of their money renting their land to miners and taking their cut. No risk and all profit.

It wouldn't be surprising if they get a million for the season, remember a few years back they had an expert come in and told them "you never dig without test drilling", wow, great advice, then the next year starts and they're back to hoping there's a glory hole down there(maybe the previous miners missed a little, etc?), or how about that fancy gold sifting table they had to pull every flake from the black sand? We never saw it again, or they spend all year trying to get the great tromell working and right when it's ready to go it snows, the next year it's gone and they're somewhere else? I just think it's almost all fake.

Take storage wars, the one guy admitted that items were planted in the lockers, not to mention if Barry(or anyone) is getting 10-20k per show, does he really care if he bought a locker for $1200 and found nothing?